By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CNN Reviews 3DS, says "No match to iPhone"

Around the Network

I think Joelcool7 summed it up nicely up there.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

I don;t think he realizes that its not trying to be an iPhone, its a game system, its about games, not music, not internet, just games

dany612 said:

'In an age when Apple dominates..' LOL WHAT? The DS has outsold the iPhone. I also believe that it is no longer has the largest phone base in operating sytem (read that somewhere) and now it's the Android. So saying the iPhone will affect the 3DS is a bit ignorant from his part.

'Haven't seen a cartage since the Gameboy' haha 

This adds to my thread: 'Why does the media worship Apple'

Actually ironically symbian has the largest total install base (nokias smartphone os) and android is second.

Check out my game about moles ^

WTF, why did he keep calling it a Game Boy device. His drawbacks were dumb as heck. Ugh it really upset me, and the 3DS is new the Wii came out back in what 2007, that's 4 years ago. Ugh, he didn't even compare it to other handhelds like PSP, DS, or the upcoming NGP, but no you say a Phone, a tablet and an Ipod.... REALLY. And he even said that a drawback is that the 3DS does one thing and that it does it okay... WTF, He must mean GREAT... Idiot

3609-1228-9914

Around the Network

God this guy is so hardcore and because I played Hal0 I will enjoy the gameboy just like him. 

**And to add my own thoughts**

No, joke review

Apple is a good company

Nintendo is a better company

Macbooks Pros are great but the fees to fix them are stupid

However, I do not think I can enjoy my OoT on my iPhone, therefore, iPhone < 3DS I mean gameboy but come August I may be owning a iPhone...Androids not as great as I thought it would be

I am no good at grammar =) 

DAMN IT! This EP is such a good idea 

Like many have said before.... It turned into a joke right at the start when he stated that he was a hardcore gamer that grew up on Halo.  Also, not to add insult to injury (he used that phrase I think at the very end) but his voice is very girlish.  Maybe he has a slight lisp or maybe he just talks like a girl?   The whole video was complete shit.  It uses a stylus which we haven't seen since early 2000 with Palm.... (I suppose he forgot the DS had a stylus...)  It uses cartridges that haven't been used since Gameboy (I wonder what he calls the DS game format)....  Anyways, this guy is a joke.  There are obvious faults that you can find with any electronic product.  However, the way he compared the faults that he had with the product were pure idiotic.   He might as well compared a M1 Abrams tank to a F-22 Raptor.

WOW... People sure are stupid.

In other news, consoles are no match for PCs!

I find the comparison that some people make between the iPhone/Android Smartphones and handheld gaming consoles very odd. The former is great for playing a relatively poorer quality game for a shorter amount of time but the latter, because they're designed to specifically play games and only play games, are better suited for longer gaming sessions.

You'd be very hard pressed to find a game on a mobile phone that'll have you putting in hours and hours of time playing...that's why the games are as cheap as chips.

As for the battery issue I can't see it being a problem. I've got an HTC Desire HD and the battery life is equally as 'poor'. Note the quotes...we've been spoilt in terms of the length of battery life for the DS. 3 hours of constant use before needing a recharge is quite acceptible these days. My Desire HD is always plugged in and charging when I'm not out and about and with the 3DS charging cradle the 3DS will be in the same boat.

Anyone doubting that the sales of the 3DS will eclipse that of the iPhone/iPad needs to seriously have his bumps felt.

Unless the NGP retails at a cheaper price than the 3DS you'll probably see the 3DS with a similarly ridiculous marketshare this gen. 70/30 give or take a few percent.

"no match for the iphone" maybe that is why nintindo is moving towards the hardcore audience now,after they are slowly losing the causal market to 3$ games.