By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CNN Reviews 3DS, says "No match to iPhone"

steveht said:

"no match for the iphone" maybe that is why nintindo is moving towards the hardcore audience now,after they are slowly losing the causal market to 3$ games. 

There is no evidence that they are losing any markets, really. The DS has remained fairly consistent, perhaps a more telling sign will be how Nintendogs n Cats sells.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

"hardcore gamers, like me for instance, who grew up on Halo"

Its all over, gaming's finished. Another five or ten years and there won't be anything worth playing anymore except for some underground stuff. Its just like movies and music. This is why I warned you bros about games becoming mainstream, I warned you.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

1) Android is NOT a phone. It is a freakin' smartphone OS.

2) iPhone is a phone. Why compare software with hardware.

3) Android is the no.1 smartphone OS because almost all cellphone manufactuers use it and there are dozens of them, hell I just got one for free and love it.. iPhone don't do free unless it is a fat ass contract.

4) Apple iphone HARDWARE still sells better than any ONE model of an Android phone.

The iPhone is "valid gaming platform" because of it's software compatibility through all it's models. Most apps will run on all later models.

Google admitted that Android will never quite accomplish that because of so many different models, hardware specs and button configuration (or touchscreen) layouts.

Yes the guy is an idiot. He forgot to highlight the most important thing. It's all about the  gaming experience and the 3DS was built for that, not to talk to anyone or hold to your ear....although I suppose you can.

That was an awful article. If I play a heavy resource game on my ipod touch on high brightness and volume, the battery is laughable.

Of course it is not a match for iPhone. It is not a phone. :P

Around the Network

Media is so Apple-centric nowadays, it's not even funny :(

Viper1 said:

Worse still is that I bet he's salivating over the NGP which uses what...cartridges.

Why did you have to go and bring the NGP into our nice hate fest!?

badgenome said:
NiKKoM said:
badgenome said:

He's a hardcore gamer who grew up on Halo and has apparently never heard of the DS.

He said he was hardcore... why would he have a DS.... >_>

You can't be hardcore without playing the best version of Front Mission.

Well, apparently HARDCORE today means "I play FPS above ALL!" so it would make sense that anything remotely strategy wouldn't be up his alley.

I agree the 3DS is worthless as a phone.

Dr.Grass said:
Viper1 said:

Worse still is that I bet he's salivating over the NGP which uses what...cartridges.

Why did you have to go and bring the NGP into our nice hate fest!?

Just wanted to hit him with a logic bomb.

Just find it funny that for a tech guy and "hardcore" gamer he looks down upon solid state media without realizing he's dissing the upcoming NGP as well as  SDD's and flash memory cards. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised