By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stof's list of 18 games that took up his life

death race 2000 is hilarious omg everyone has to see it

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Any lovers of Grindhouse out there? Death Proof is such an amazing movie.

Tarantino should ket a kick in the pants for releasing that movie a month too early. I wanted to see Grindhouse in the drive in, but by the time the weather was nice enough to actually go, it had already flopped and dropped.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Gindhouse was amazing. The whole thing was a freaking PERFECT mix of comedy and horror, and the fake previews were amazing. My oown short list as well in the order of time spent playing games:

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee - I still play this CONSTANTLY.  It's crack, made in video game format.

2. The Pokemon Universe - ARGH! I can never catch them all but I always have to try! Damn it! I have over 150 hours played in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl already

3. Harvest Moon games - yeah I'm a quirky kinda gamer sometimes. Harvest moon is such an awesome series and I play it constantly

4. Final Fantasy games - I always have to do everything in them. EVERYTHING!

5. tLoZ Wind Waker - I spend a lot of time messing around in all Zelda games but this one especially took up much of my life

6. Starcraft

7. Warcraft 3

8. GTA 3 (pick your version)

9. Metroid Prime games

10. Dragon Quest games 

1) Half Life mods

2) Unreal Tournaments

3) Half Life 2 mods

4) World of Warcraft

5) Goldeneye

Generally speaking, the games that hold my interest the longest are games where I can beat other people. That doesn't mean I think they're more fun, mind you -- I just play them longer.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

#6 EXCITEBIKE!

Need I say more? Really I do? Ok. Excitebike was just awesome. Sheer unadulterated balls to the wall awesome. Mud slowing, Ramp jumping, cut offing, overheating, speed strip catching, wheely popping, podium jumping, track editing awesome! It didn't matter that the other racers didn't actually have a purpose. Who cares if you could stop your bike and watch 20,000 other guys drive by, IT WAS EXCITEBIKE!

Oh the hours I spent playing that game, the hours I spent watching other people play that game and the hours spent making new tracks to play... I'm getting teary eyed over nostalgia for my long broken NES as I speak.

See that middle pic, where the course is nothing but the super high ramps? well add in some speed strips and that funky tabletop/camel back thingy (you know what I'm talking about!) and you've probably got every track I ever made. And every track everyone else ever made. Damn it was a good track. If you ever say something along the lines of "Forza is a good racing series" or "Gran Turismo isn't crap" Then you clearly haven't played Excitebike!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Off to play some slime volleyball.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

stof said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Any lovers of Grindhouse out there? Death Proof is such an amazing movie.

Tarantino should ket a kick in the pants for releasing that movie a month too early. I wanted to see Grindhouse in the drive in, but by the time the weather was nice enough to actually go, it had already flopped and dropped.

I have to agree there...my friends who didn't see it always make fun of me for mentioning the movie all the time...they didn't even get a chance to see it...Blades of Glory, Easter weekend, bad weather...whatever, it killed Grindhouse.

And it probably won't come out on DVD til the end of the summer...in separate DVDs in North America possibly??  That would suck...I don't want to buy both separately...that'll probably mean more money.  Either way, I'm buying Death Proof for sure.  I'm just mad it got knocked down so quickly...that was one of the best theater experiences I've ever had...it won't be the same on DVD...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Fuzzmosis said:
Off to play some slime volleyball.

I'm glad my little list has made a difference.

You have two number 8's, stof!

Dolla Dolla said:
You have two number 8's, stof!

Fixed! Not that it matters much, as my list has grown past 18, so I guess I'll be getting into the minuses...Stupid Countdown format...