By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stof's list of 18 games that took up his life

stof said:

#13 Future Cop - My not quite as old Mac

Remember the evil robot in Robo Cop? Well give him a flame thrower, the ability to turn into a hover car and lots of little men, mutant slugs, tanks and other stuff to blow up, and you've got future cop. The story revolves around who cares. Story is irrelevant. This game was about explosions...or trampling people to death. And it was all done in the name of the law. The game was actually a lot of fun. The graphics looked pretty sweet to me at the time and the levels were quite well designed. I actually spent countless hours just playing the first level demo to this game before actually getting it.

While making this list up, I discovered that I still have the game, so I loaded it (Praise the day when discs included the Mac and PC versions). The graphics aren't quite what they once were, but they do the job, and I really got into the arena play. I really wish I could have played arena style online, as it'd be way better than playing the computer, but I doubt there are too many people still playing this game.

P.S. while doing some research, I just learned that as a weapon you can get a robotic police dog to attack your enemies... why the hell didn't I ever see that!?

I played this on the PS1, it was a fun game.

Precinct Assault mode, in which both players (you can challenge the machine or another human) start with bases and construct combat units. It was cool to have your own base and smash a friends. The tanks and aircraft you could get. You could get loads of little crappy units or wait until you had enough for the big killer tank or aircraft, that was even a threat to the enemy Mech.

Good to see this site is still going 

Around the Network

Yup, precinct assault was f'ing amazing. Infact thats the main reason I'd like to see a sequel to that game. Getting some multiplayer online precint assault would kick ass.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Yup, precinct assault was f'ing amazing. Infact thats the main reason I'd like to see a sequel to that game. Getting some multiplayer online precint assault would kick ass.

Not sure if E.A will pull another one out of it's arse. Although if it did appear again on any system I'll probably buy it and the system too!

Good to see this site is still going 

interesting list, but i hope that there will also appear a game on it which i know too

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I know I've dedicated a lot of time to some weird little games, but II think there'll be one or two familliar games to you.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

#11 - Turok - N64

Can you blame me? To this day one of my favourite FPS's. The game was just so smooth. The way the people and dinosaurs moved, now intuitive the control felt. The great weapons. Juggling corpses with the alien weapon was such a delight.

It's a Shame how the series got progressively worse. Turok 2 had fantastic multiplayer, but the single player worlds were so big and dinosaurless that I just didn't enjoy it. The Lost lands should be dinosaurs, humans who bleed red, and deer and boars to hunt for health...
ok, and those big alien monster guys were pretty cool too.

stof said:

Can you blame me? To this day one of my favourite FPS's. The game was just so smooth. The way the people and dinosaurs moved, now intuitive the control felt. The great weapons. Juggling corpses with the alien weapon was such a delight.

It's a Shame how the series got progressively worse. Turok 2 had fantastic multiplayer, but the single player worlds were so big and dinosaurless that I just didn't enjoy it. The Lost lands should be dinosaurs, humans who bleed red, and deer and boars to hunt for health...

Words of truthiness! 

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

stof said:

#11 - Turok - N64

What is the meaning of The Fog ad?

gamingdevil said:

What is the meaning of The Fog ad?

If you ever played Turok, you'd understand.

turok 2 could have used more fog, damn that came was slow.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X