By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stof's list of 18 games that took up his life

#10 - Myth 1&2 - Mac

+ =

What more is there to say. This is one game(two games) that just plain nailed it. It was just such an involving and rewarding game. The Strategy element was terrific. "None of this build unit, build unit, build unit now attack" crap. You just took what you had and damn well made it work! The graphics were terrific too at the time. Just watching arrows arc through the sky, and dwarf molotovs arc through the sky, and body parts arc through the sky. That Sky sure saw a lot of action.

I also really liked the hero element That the Total Codex added to the mix.

Shame they killed the third game though. New developers? I don't think so!
P.S. oh yeah, I'm working on the list again.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I used to play Turok hahaha, the fog well done sir, well done :D

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Wow a Mac for gaming and then a Wii for gaming... Now that's what I call a hardcore gamer!

^^^ you are currently witnessing yet another meltdown and flameout of a poster.

i'm sorry, but nothing can defeat Cryptonian Fog on Superman64. Solve my Maze!!

Turok 2 had the cerebral bore though, that..was..awsome.

Btw, "greek god Odin" ?

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

I played every single Turok and know nothing about the fog. Though I never really listened to the story. The best Turok is Rage Wars in my opinion. Stupid Acclaim made dumb games and ended up going out of buisness and for the good games they made no one bought. Now BunoVist (SP) owns the writes. Im pretty sure there gunna mess with the franchise.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

I think he's referring to the fog that dominates the background of the Turok games. I've never even played Turok and I know that! But that's probably cuz damn near every N64 game had that freakin fog. Couldn't stand it. Then again I had to deal with the treacherous landscapes of PS1 jaggies.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

That's definately the fog I speak of. And not every game had it. Infact, I can think of another N64 game on my list that had no fog whatsoever. It was a shame about Acclaim though. I remember really looking forward to Armorines, whiched looked awesome. Then the reviews came... They were poor.

Ok, up until now I'd just been copying and pasting posts I'd already made in another forum. And this is as far as I got on that one a few months ago. So now I actually have to hunker down and make new entries. I promise more soon... very soon. Maybe even NOW!

ok not now, but soon. 

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

# 9 - Fable - Xbox

Apparently, from what I've heard, Fable was a disspapointment. This leads me to believe that Lionhead studios originally promised a game with an environment the size of Canada, a game spanning 37 discs, a bundled peripheral that files your taxes and a fresh lemony scent.  Because this game had a hell of a lot in it.  You could do just about anything to anyone for any reason. And often, you'd do the wrong thing to the wrong person.

This was one of my first Xbox games, and it took me a little while to get used to the controller. So sometimes, when I wanted to give a girl a flower, I'd fart instead. Sometimes, when I wanted to scowl at a guy, I'd blow him a kiss (quite a few of them didn't really seem to mind all that much!), and of course, There was the time I attempted to flirt with a woman and ended up wanted in the town for three charges of assault.  Yet, dispite it all, I managed to follow the good path. 

Ok, maybe that was one gripe I had with the game. Everytime you killed a bad guy, you got good points, even though they attacked you! Had I actually tried to be bad... I don't know what I'd have had to do... Kill the children I guess.  

But either way, I ventured all over the land, I slayed mighty beasts, bested champions, vanquished rouges, and bought a nice little house to screw my wife in! 

I played through the game twice, each time taking the long routes, the side quests and any chance I could to just wonder around doing stuff. I never got the Lost chapters though. Are they worth it for what you get? Anybody? Anybody?

Anyways, I can't wait for Fable 2. It has a dog in it. A DOG! (no really, this part excites me)

Fable? Well I do remember the train commercial where the guy turns evil and saying wow this looks like a cool game but I never played it.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e