By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stof's list of 18 games that took up his life

Mac? i just lost all respect for you Stof, hehe j/k

but ehmm.. a mac game? lol

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

If it's a really old Mac, we'll let it slide...those weren't that bad.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

New macs are good too. :D

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I'd kill for a new mac. I used to be a mac guy becaus it's what I grew up on. Now I want one because after 6 years of windows, I just can't take it anymore. And yet despite really wanting a macbook, I feel no need to buy an ipod, as my little sandisk player suits me just fine.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

#15 Final Fantasy Legend II

Ok, I could post FF 2 screenshots all day. This was my first, only and not suprisingly greatest experience with the FF franchise.

Be it feeding my mutant the meat of my enemies, or attacking the greek god Odin with a Cannon equiped Robot, This game had it all and then some. Fighting Ki's immune system, searching giants houses, getting lost in the sand storm... And don't forget that mean text based combat. I never did manage to kill Apollo... Hated that guy.

For all the other fans out there, here's a level overview of the Giant world *please don't stretch the page, please don't stretch the page!*

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

#14 Boulder Dash - NES

Rockford NO!!!!!!

One of the consoles greatest games (course there's a lot of those, but this one's on that list. Boulderdash was an awsome game combining strategy, skill and sheer unadulterated luck!

Risking your life running past giant falling rocks to collect massive Diamonds I can kind of understand. Getting killed by evil butterflies and amoeba's are another story all together. But those diamonds, those wonderful wonderful diamonds... Hm... I gotta go...I think I'm going to get a shovel and enter the caves nearby. If you never hear from me again, I died filthy stinking rich at the hands of a butterfly.

Remove the Legend part from #15, and I'm right there with you.

#13 Future Cop - My not quite as old Mac

Remember the evil robot in Robo Cop? Well give him a flame thrower, the ability to turn into a hover car and lots of little men, mutant slugs, tanks and other stuff to blow up, and you've got future cop. The story revolves around who cares. Story is irrelevant. This game was about explosions...or trampling people to death. And it was all done in the name of the law. The game was actually a lot of fun. The graphics looked pretty sweet to me at the time and the levels were quite well designed. I actually spent countless hours just playing the first level demo to this game before actually getting it.

While making this list up, I discovered that I still have the game, so I loaded it (Praise the day when discs included the Mac and PC versions). The graphics aren't quite what they once were, but they do the job, and I really got into the arena play. I really wish I could have played arena style online, as it'd be way better than playing the computer, but I doubt there are too many people still playing this game.

P.S. while doing some research, I just learned that as a weapon you can get a robotic police dog to attack your enemies... why the hell didn't I ever see that!?

#12 - Snood - My old mac, My new PC, the computers in the University Library, My girlfriend's PC, The computers in the university lab classes which I failed because I was playing Snood, And many other locations.

Need I really say more about Snood? The great giver of joy and frustration? The game so all encompassing in its life stealing potential that I think I actually saw it being played on an episode of E.R. once. While the Evil setting might not be quite as Evil to me anymore. I'm still a Journey fan. and Oh the journeys I've been on. those marvelous journeys...

stof said:

#14 Boulder Dash - NES

Rockford NO!!!!!!

One of the consoles greatest games (course there's a lot of those, but this one's on that list. Boulderdash was an awsome game combining strategy, skill and sheer unadulterated luck!

Risking your life running past giant falling rocks to collect massive Diamonds I can kind of understand. Getting killed by evil butterflies and amoeba's are another story all together. But those diamonds, those wonderful wonderful diamonds... Hm... I gotta go...I think I'm going to get a shovel and enter the caves nearby. If you never hear from me again, I died filthy stinking rich at the hands of a butterfly.

http://www.virtualnes.com/ Boulder Dash is availble...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)