By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To those who didnt believe. Full confirmation. 360 Crysis 2.

Nsanity said:

That is to beautiful.





Around the Network
BMaker11 said:

Goddamit....a game that "looks almost as good as a PS3 exclusive" is on the 360, and selnor crawls out of the rock he's been hiding under for a year and a half and starts hyping it up (and I'm damn sure that's the only reason why. Remember "AC2, new graphics king"? Laughable)

Sadly, Crysis 2 (on consoles) still doesn't look as good as the best PS3 exclusives. 


Interesting you should say that.  From the videos shown of the 360 version of Crysis and after playing KZ3 and Uncharted 2.  As of today my opinion says Crysis has either topped or pretty much match the best on the PS3.  What Crysis shows is that it's not the hardware but the developer.  MS doesn't have the same type of studios has Sony when it comes to maxing out the graphical performance of their system.  This is a good advantage for Sony and it's why I have a PS3.  The fact that a 3rd party developer with very little console experience can get this type of performance out of the 360 really shows there is still room under that 5 year old tech to surprise.



Machiavellian said:
BMaker11 said:

Goddamit....a game that "looks almost as good as a PS3 exclusive" is on the 360, and selnor crawls out of the rock he's been hiding under for a year and a half and starts hyping it up (and I'm damn sure that's the only reason why. Remember "AC2, new graphics king"? Laughable)

Sadly, Crysis 2 (on consoles) still doesn't look as good as the best PS3 exclusives. 


Interesting you should say that.  From the videos shown of the 360 version of Crysis and after playing KZ3 and Uncharted 2.  As of today my opinion says Crysis has either topped or pretty much match the best on the PS3.  What Crysis shows is that it's not the hardware but the developer.  MS doesn't have the same type of studios has Sony when it comes to maxing out the graphical performance of their system.  This is a good advantage for Sony and it's why I have a PS3.  The fact that a 3rd party developer with very little console experience can get this type of performance out of the 360 really shows there is still room under that 5 year old tech to surprise.

That's just it, nobody knows anything of Crysis 2's complete performance and visual status without playing it. It's the reason I've suggested for everyone to stop bickering over it and wait for personal playtime (or reviews).



                                                                                                                                                           

CGI-Quality said:
Machiavellian said:
BMaker11 said:

Goddamit....a game that "looks almost as good as a PS3 exclusive" is on the 360, and selnor crawls out of the rock he's been hiding under for a year and a half and starts hyping it up (and I'm damn sure that's the only reason why. Remember "AC2, new graphics king"? Laughable)

Sadly, Crysis 2 (on consoles) still doesn't look as good as the best PS3 exclusives. 


Interesting you should say that.  From the videos shown of the 360 version of Crysis and after playing KZ3 and Uncharted 2.  As of today my opinion says Crysis has either topped or pretty much match the best on the PS3.  What Crysis shows is that it's not the hardware but the developer.  MS doesn't have the same type of studios has Sony when it comes to maxing out the graphical performance of their system.  This is a good advantage for Sony and it's why I have a PS3.  The fact that a 3rd party developer with very little console experience can get this type of performance out of the 360 really shows there is still room under that 5 year old tech to surprise.

That's just it, nobody knows anything of Crysis 2's complete performance and visual status without playing it. It's the reason I've suggested for everyone to stop bickering over it and wait for personal playtime (or reviews).


That's just what I'm saying, though. Everyone's jumping the gun. All we have are youtube videos and animated gifs. But the mere notion of "a game has PS3 exclusive graphics...on the 360" has taken the hype train insane. Because such a game hasn't existed yet

 



BMaker11 said:

The mere notion of "a game has PS3 exclusive graphics...on the 360" has taken the hype train insane. Because such a game hasn't existed yet

Can't argue with that.



                                                                                                                                                           

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

Swee jesus. Easily the best looking game on consoles, just like CVG said.



mantlepiecek said:

Oh wow its hopeless.

You are acting like crysis 2 is using the 360's power so much, yet it runs sub HD and has lol AA that is worth laughing at. Do you find anyone nitpicking that? No, because the end product is what matters, and in this case the end product could have been made even better if it had used MLAA on the PS3, and if it was HD.

But if they used ps3 it would be a corridor shooter, have no HDR, no real-time GI, worse graphics, non-existant physics system and prerendered cutscenes and called Killzone 3

mantlepiecek said:

How many enemies are on the screen? One two three LOL.

There's 7 in the intro alone man

mantlepiecek said:

Go play killzone 2 where there are enemies flying all over the screen. In MP there are 32 people playing and the game looks better then crysis 2 MP, how amazing is that? Oops no, sorry, forgot it was not on the 360.

naw man it look worse

mantlepiecek said:

No heavy character models either. No beautiful environments. It still plays like a corridor shooter, almost as narrow as killzone 2.

LOL no man, the first open area in crysis 2 (not the largest) has more play area then most full levels of kz 2 and 3

mantlepiecek said:

Yeah there are some places which look open, but if you look closely its very comparable to killzone 2.

crysis 2 is more like Halo Reach then Kz2/3

mantlepiecek said:

Get over the fact that some people have other games as the best looking. I seriously doubt Crysis 2 is running at 30 fps with no screen tearing, but even if it does it still doesn't match Uncharted 2 which is perfect. 30 fps, no screen tearing and 2x MSAA.

but you got very dated graphics and inferior effects, physics and lighting.  it shocks me that naughty dog is doing uncharted 3 and doesn#t even have real-time gi.

can't they at least do some lighting as well as a multiplatform game man?

 



mendozahotness said:
mantlepiecek said:

Oh wow its hopeless.

You are acting like crysis 2 is using the 360's power so much, yet it runs sub HD and has lol AA that is worth laughing at. Do you find anyone nitpicking that? No, because the end product is what matters, and in this case the end product could have been made even better if it had used MLAA on the PS3, and if it was HD.

But if they used ps3 it would be a corridor shooter, have no HDR, no real-time GI, worse graphics, non-existant physics system and prerendered cutscenes and called Killzone 3

mantlepiecek said:

How many enemies are on the screen? One two three LOL.

There's 7 in the intro alone man

mantlepiecek said:

Go play killzone 2 where there are enemies flying all over the screen. In MP there are 32 people playing and the game looks better then crysis 2 MP, how amazing is that? Oops no, sorry, forgot it was not on the 360.

naw man it look worse

mantlepiecek said:

No heavy character models either. No beautiful environments. It still plays like a corridor shooter, almost as narrow as killzone 2.

LOL no man, the first open area in crysis 2 (not the largest) has more play area then most full levels of kz 2 and 3

mantlepiecek said:

Yeah there are some places which look open, but if you look closely its very comparable to killzone 2.

crysis 2 is more like Halo Reach then Kz2/3

mantlepiecek said:

Get over the fact that some people have other games as the best looking. I seriously doubt Crysis 2 is running at 30 fps with no screen tearing, but even if it does it still doesn't match Uncharted 2 which is perfect. 30 fps, no screen tearing and 2x MSAA.

but you got very dated graphics and inferior effects, physics and lighting.  it shocks me that naughty dog is doing uncharted 3 and doesn#t even have real-time gi.

can't they at least do some lighting as well as a multiplatform game man?

 

Really, dude? Dated graphics? LOL.

Crysis 2 is nothing like Halo, its more like killzone from what I have seen with scarcity of enemies. And the intro is not the gameplay. What about texture pop-ins? 

And KZ2 looks better online anyone will tell you that.

"But if they used ps3 it would be a corridor shooter, have no HDR, no real-time GI, worse graphics, non-existant physics system and prerendered cutscenes and called Killzone 3"

LOLOLOL

Please stfu. Just do humanity a fucking favour and stfu, thanks. Its clear you don't know what you are rambling about. Uncharted 2 looks better than crysis 2, and has more open environments that are detailed then crysis 2. You traverse through a portion of Nepal in one level which isn't pre-rendered and you can definitely NOT see texture pop-ins. The whole area is very well made, along with the village. The village itself has more characters then the whole of crysis 2 (see what I did there?), the cows, the other non-related characters, all well detailed in comparison.

Killzone 2 has allies as well as enemies. There are like 5 allies that are well detailed along with your usual group of 4 extremely well detailed allies that itself makes it 9. Then their are enemies which are in huge nos, like 10 to 15 fighting against you which makes it 24. And that is with all the special effects and high textured environments like the ground and the walls.

Lets not even get into the the fact that crysis 2 on consoles is sub HD. 

And please, please show me this OPEN level of crysis 2 that you are talking about. I will show you an equally open level from killzone 2 or Uncharted 2 easily. Just try it.

 





Those gifs are absolutely fantastic nsanity!