Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To those who didnt believe. Full confirmation. 360 Crysis 2.

mantlepiecek said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
Nsanity said:

DAMN thats impressive!!!


There isnt any possibility anyone can show me anything like that from full gameplay footage on a console. Thats just bloody amazing.

Noone can say with a straight face, that this game isnt the most technically advanced console game.

That's BS. Uncharted 2's building level looks a lot more impressive. This is just a helicopter breaking into a building, in Ucnharted 2 the building itself breaks. And full gameplay as well. Happens in real time while you are shooting stuff. And ironically happens because of a helicopter.


I know exactly what your on about. And Uncharted 2's was not even close. A wall comes in during gameplay and some furniture flies about. Thats it. Then it goes into a cutscene when the actual building collapses. It's not even technically close. Here I'll show everyone who doesnt know whats being referred to. Now they are side by side.



Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
Slimebeast said:
mantlepiecek said:

That's BS. Uncharted 2's building level looks a lot more impressive. This is just a helicopter breaking into a building, in Ucnharted 2 the building itself breaks. And full gameplay as well. Happens in real time while you are shooting stuff. And ironically happens because of a helicopter.

lol they're not rendering a whole building falling apart in that scene. You only see one floor, you don't have any idea how much from the rest of the building is being rendered (probably not much).

For comparison here is the Uncharted collapsing building scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWi7nG_45BU

Yeah but that's pretty much the point of set pieces.

Uncharted 2 helicopter set pieces are a lot better than Crysis 2's video.


I hate to say this, but your trying to compare scenes which are not all controlled gameplay environments with an engine ( CryEngine 3 ) that is entirely no smoke and mirrors. In other words COMPLETELY realtime.

Another example of realtime ownage is this.



selnor said:
mantlepiecek said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
Nsanity said:

DAMN thats impressive!!!


There isnt any possibility anyone can show me anything like that from full gameplay footage on a console. Thats just bloody amazing.

Noone can say with a straight face, that this game isnt the most technically advanced console game.

That's BS. Uncharted 2's building level looks a lot more impressive. This is just a helicopter breaking into a building, in Ucnharted 2 the building itself breaks. And full gameplay as well. Happens in real time while you are shooting stuff. And ironically happens because of a helicopter.


I know exactly what your on about. And Uncharted 2's was not even close. A wall comes in during gameplay and some furniture flies about. Thats it. Then it goes into a cutscene when the actual building collapses. It's not even technically close. Here I'll show everyone who doesnt know whats being referred to. Now they are side by side.


No point in arguing. His PS3 has brainwashed him. Check out this Crysis 2 vehicle action. Tons of explosions (best looking explosions in any game I've seen).



couldnt that and the uncharted bridge both be set sequences, I want to know if you shoot it in the propelor if it falls another way



 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:

couldnt that and the uncharted bridge both be set sequences, I want to know if you shoot it in the propelor if it falls another way



What I menat was Uncharted 2 regularly takes all player control away when big stuff happens. The zip line. The bridge collapsing. Etc etc. Uncharted 2 is full of moments where player has no control sometimes for only 4 secs. But enough to stop any running issues or physics issues cropping up.

It's called prerendered help. It seems seemless, but is far less taxing on a system and therefore not nearly as technically impressive.



Around the Network
AussieGecko said:

couldnt that and the uncharted bridge both be set sequences, I want to know if you shoot it in the propelor if it falls another way


Scripted?



Legend11 said:

Who would have thought that the best looking console game would be a multiplatform... 

It just goes to show you how much locked potential the 360 must have. 

Microsoft needs to stop worrying about future backwards compatibility and allow developers to program to the metal instead of allowing DirectX to hold back the system.


That goes to show how 3rd party developers are learning or learned how to code better to really put the Xbox 360's hardware's power to shine and sad say better than Microsoft and EPIC games with its outdated Unreal Engine 3..

I notice a patern here with me, the games that are not built with the Unreal Engine 3 are the ones that I play most and most excited about.  Huh.. -I'll let Epic slide and give some credit to them, as the only ones how to max thier own engine..  I know, its obvious..

But games like, Crysis 2, Brink and RAGE has or will raise the graphic bar to new dizzy heights ... 

We can safely say now, this Next-Gen console has started, it roughly took 5,6 years but it started.



My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

 


                            

Goddamit....a game that "looks almost as good as a PS3 exclusive" is on the 360, and selnor crawls out of the rock he's been hiding under for a year and a half and starts hyping it up (and I'm damn sure that's the only reason why. Remember "AC2, new graphics king"? Laughable)

Sadly, Crysis 2 (on consoles) still doesn't look as good as the best PS3 exclusives. 



selnor said:
AussieGecko said:

couldnt that and the uncharted bridge both be set sequences, I want to know if you shoot it in the propelor if it falls another way



What I menat was Uncharted 2 regularly takes all player control away when big stuff happens. The zip line. The bridge collapsing. Etc etc. Uncharted 2 is full of moments where player has no control sometimes for only 4 secs. But enough to stop any running issues or physics issues cropping up.

It's called prerendered help. It seems seemless, but is far less taxing on a system and therefore not nearly as technically impressive.

Oh wow its hopeless.

You can't think that cryengine is scripted, but oh my oh, Uncharted 2 is definitely scripted.

At the end of the day, the final product is more important. If devs tomorrow found out a way to make games with graphics of CGI-quality, all pre-rendered but you can control them, then it will look better then crysis 2 and that's it, really. If you didn't notice the gameplay resumes straight away after nathan drake falls onto a bridge after being attacked by a helicopter.

That is scripted, and so is the scene in Crysis 2.

You are acting like crysis 2 is using the 360's power so much, yet it runs sub HD and has lol AA that is worth laughing at. Do you find anyone nitpicking that? No, because the end product is what matters, and in this case the end product could have been made even better if it had used MLAA on the PS3, and if it was HD.

How many enemies are on the screen? One two three LOL.

Go play killzone 2 where there are enemies flying all over the screen. In MP there are 32 people playing and the game looks better then crysis 2 MP, how amazing is that? Oops no, sorry, forgot it was not on the 360.

No heavy character models either. No beautiful environments. It still plays like a corridor shooter, almost as narrow as killzone 2. Yeah there are some places which look open, but if you look closely its very comparable to killzone 2.

And there's texture pop-in as well. Oh the technologies.

Get over the fact that some people have other games as the best looking. I seriously doubt Crysis 2 is running at 30 fps with no screen tearing, but even if it does it still doesn't match Uncharted 2 which is perfect. 30 fps, no screen tearing and 2x MSAA. 



just for kicks