By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To those who didnt believe. Full confirmation. 360 Crysis 2.

I'll be skipping this one, Multiplayer beta SUCKED

Around the Network

Who would have thought that the best looking console game would be a multiplatform... 

It just goes to show you how much locked potential the 360 must have. 

Microsoft needs to stop worrying about future backwards compatibility and allow developers to program to the metal instead of allowing DirectX to hold back the system.

Looks like a FPS, and will the same way as Killzone3 did...Not buying

mantlepiecek said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:
mantlepiecek said:
selnor said:
mantlepiecek said:

I have seen. There's like 1 min of gameplay graphics.

I hope you know the entire part from the moment you see the the guys inside the sub, to the the chopper is appearing is controllable. You do know that right. Thats 5 mins of that video.

Yeah, seen it. 5 min, 1 min, not that much of a difference since he isn't shooting anything.

Killzone 2 has a similar scene which looks around the same or even better with sev starting with looking in the mirror and then moving in the ISA headquarters.

Lets see gameplay and then I will agree it looks great and is comparable to Killzone 3. The credits is what was used for trailers as well.

Lol he can't except the fact that a game on 360 looks almost as good as Killzone 3 on PS3. Oh well get over it kid 

It still doesn't look as good as the FF 13 cutscenes. Doesn't mean its fair to compair them, because cutscenes =/= gameplay.

The cut scenes are prerendered. So yeah, doesn't even use any of the power in the console, just space on the disc.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

Who would have thought that the best looking console game would be a multiplatform... 

It just goes to show you how much locked potential the 360 must have. 

Microsoft needs to stop worrying about future backwards compatibility and allow developers to program to the metal instead of allowing DirectX to hold back the system.

Rage on 360 > this. Have not seen the PS3 version, but it should look just as awesome.

M.U.G.E.N said:
mantlepiecek said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
Nsanity said:

DAMN thats impressive!!!

There isnt any possibility anyone can show me anything like that from full gameplay footage on a console. Thats just bloody amazing.

Noone can say with a straight face, that this game isnt the most technically advanced console game.

That's BS. Uncharted 2's building level looks a lot more impressive. This is just a helicopter breaking into a building, in Ucnharted 2 the building itself breaks. And full gameplay as well. Happens in real time while you are shooting stuff. And ironically happens because of a helicopter.

sorry dude...you defied logic and now you don't have a straight face..apparently :P

OT: it does look good...but does it really look THAT good to you guys? and lol good to have selnor and his hype threads back

that's what I'm saying, yeah it looks good but seriouly this is nothing impressive at all

jhuff394 said:

Why is everyong acting like these graphics are insane.... Do any of you have a ps3??? seriously..

or a PC???

maybe if call of duty and Halo are the only fps anyone has ever played this gen I guess :/

mantlepiecek said:
selnor said:
yo_john117 said:
Nsanity said:

DAMN thats impressive!!!

There isnt any possibility anyone can show me anything like that from full gameplay footage on a console. Thats just bloody amazing.

Noone can say with a straight face, that this game isnt the most technically advanced console game.

That's BS. Uncharted 2's building level looks a lot more impressive. This is just a helicopter breaking into a building, in Ucnharted 2 the building itself breaks. And full gameplay as well. Happens in real time while you are shooting stuff. And ironically happens because of a helicopter.

I know exactly what your on about. And Uncharted 2's was not even close. A wall comes in during gameplay and some furniture flies about. Thats it. Then it goes into a cutscene when the actual building collapses. It's not even technically close. Here I'll show everyone who doesnt know whats being referred to. Now they are side by side.

mantlepiecek said:
Slimebeast said:
mantlepiecek said:

lol they're not rendering a whole building falling apart in that scene. You only see one floor, you don't have any idea how much from the rest of the building is being rendered (probably not much).

For comparison here is the Uncharted collapsing building scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWi7nG_45BU

Yeah but that's pretty much the point of set pieces.

Uncharted 2 helicopter set pieces are a lot better than Crysis 2's video.

I hate to say this, but your trying to compare scenes which are not all controlled gameplay environments with an engine ( CryEngine 3 ) that is entirely no smoke and mirrors. In other words COMPLETELY realtime.

Another example of realtime ownage is this.