By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To those who didnt believe. Full confirmation. 360 Crysis 2.

mendozahotness said:

mantlepiecek said:

Its not sandbox, you are clearly delusional. Its 2011, yet crysis 2 can't still match Uncharted 2's in game graphics, pathetic.

sorry, i'd sooner listen to the actual developers when they say its a sandbox game then you who are ...you knooow

mantlepiecek said:

I suggest you go take classes in what is pre-rendered and what is real time, and Uncharted 2 is 720p and looks better then crysis 2, lair doesn't look better.

so if a 1080p game looks worse then a 720p game, that just confirms why uncharted 2 looks worse then a sub-hd game

just like god of war 2 at 576i looks worse than the xbox 480p chaos theory

mantlepiecek said:

Alan wake is 540p with screen tearing and frame rate problems, LOL so much for being on a multiplatform engine on a console that's soooooo 2011.

don't know what all this is about man

mantlepiecek said:
So the next time you are replying, its proving its a sandbox game, otherwise don't bother. Because you clearly know only how to lie and not back up your talk.

you are the liar

mantlepiecek said:
Oh and while you are at it also give some examples for 2011 multiplatform games that are using real time cutscenes, because crysis 2 is definitely not doing so

so they just fit 90 minutes of HD1080P video in both 2D and 3D on a single DVD? lol

mantlepiecek said:
, if anything its Killzone 2 which had real time cutscenes on engine. Killzone 3 changed it to make it load faster just like Uncharted 2, and not because it looks better. If looks were what they wanted they could have gone CGI.

mmmkay, see this

see how they load from cutscene to gameplay without loading? i don't know why they downgraded it in killzone 3, but its a downgrade, a real console would do it all in real-time, but i guess kz3 was too much for ps3, thank jesus for the cryengine miracle to deliver us from sub standards.

I just fucking love the fact that none of the links you provided are working. The first link shows malware alert. The second link shows page not found LOL. The third link is youtube which I know already. A "real" console of this gen can do MLAA, and that is clearly the most superior tech of this gen when you are talking about special effects, and the best AA solution on the consoles. I think I know which system is doing it, thank you very much.

You calling something sub-standard, again, doesn't make it sub-standard. Killzone 3 looks phenomenal and you denying it is just amazing.

So, try again.

EDIT: Oh and if you didn't know it yet, the reason why KZ3 has videos pre-rendered is to load the game when the videos are running so that there's no loading time, which in turn results in a much more immersive gaming. It doesn't matter if the PS3 doesn't render them real time, because its all rendered by the PS3 itself. But saved on the disc, and KZ2 proves it.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

if i may ask...what are we looking at here? as in what happened in this gif? did someone just fall from the tree?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

mantlepiecek said:

I just fucking love the fact that none of the links you provided are working. The first link shows malware alert. The second link shows page not found LOL. The third link is youtube which I know already.

well that's your fault then if you don't want to click the links, you shouldn't lie

http://www.play.tm/news/31954/yerli-crysis-2-is-a-true-3d-sandbox/

Stop lying

mantlepiecek said:

A "real" console of this gen can do MLAA, and that is clearly the most superior tech of this gen when you are talking about special effects, and the best AA solution on the consoles. I think I know which system is doing it, thank you very much.

The best AA solution on consoles is MSAA, MLAA is for consoles with weak GPUS that need help and because quincunx sucks are they can't do MSAA, the PC golden standard, btw Xbox 360 is doing MLAA and as usual, the game ran worse on PS3 still

mantlepiecek said:

You calling something sub-standard, again, doesn't make it sub-standard. Killzone 3 looks phenomenal and you denying it is just amazing.

nope, i said prerendering cutscenes is substandard, real console do them in realtime

see Resident Evil 4 on gamecube vs the inferior "i can't do it in realtime" PS2 version

mantlepiecek said:

EDIT: Oh and if you didn't know it yet, the reason why KZ3 has videos pre-rendered is to load the game when the videos are running so that there's no loading time, which in turn results in a much more immersive gaming. It doesn't matter if the PS3 doesn't render them real time, because its all rendered by the PS3 itself. But saved on the disc, and KZ2 proves it.

that doesn't explain why that was the case in KZ2 and then downgraded in KZ3. Since i just demonstrated they could do realtime cutscenes and load the level in simultaneously in KZ2, their reasoning for kz3 is a lie - probably ps3 couldn't cope

mendozahotness said:
mantlepiecek said:

I just fucking love the fact that none of the links you provided are working. The first link shows malware alert. The second link shows page not found LOL. The third link is youtube which I know already.

well that's your fault then if you don't want to click the links, you shouldn't lie

mantlepiecek said:

A "real" console of this gen can do MLAA, and that is clearly the most superior tech of this gen when you are talking about special effects, and the best AA solution on the consoles. I think I know which system is doing it, thank you very much.

The best AA solution on consoles is MSAA, MLAA is for consoles with weak GPUS that need help and because quincunx sucks, btw Xbox 360 is doing MLAA and as usual, the game ran worse on PS3

That is not MLAA, that is DLAA and is different, much inferior to MLAA, and funnily enough the PS3 version  had the better AA in that comparison.

Weaker GPUs? PS3 wasn't even going to have a GPU. GPU isn't the only thing that helps the graphics on the PS3, and if you didn't know that, then you are pretty much very weak in knowledge regarding the PS3.

MSAA is inferior to MLAA depending upon the times. 8x MSAA is considered to be equal to MLAA, and the PCs are starting to use it as well, ATI graphic cards are doing it but not as well as MLAA on the PS3. That should tell you something about the PS3's architecture.

And the links, if you are going to provide me with BS links then I will obviously not click them. Which is why I did say try again, maybe you didn't get another fail source.

mantlepiecek said:
selnor said:
AussieGecko said:

couldnt that and the uncharted bridge both be set sequences, I want to know if you shoot it in the propelor if it falls another way

What I menat was Uncharted 2 regularly takes all player control away when big stuff happens. The zip line. The bridge collapsing. Etc etc. Uncharted 2 is full of moments where player has no control sometimes for only 4 secs. But enough to stop any running issues or physics issues cropping up.

It's called prerendered help. It seems seemless, but is far less taxing on a system and therefore not nearly as technically impressive.

Oh wow its hopeless.

You can't think that cryengine is scripted, but oh my oh, Uncharted 2 is definitely scripted.

At the end of the day, the final product is more important. If devs tomorrow found out a way to make games with graphics of CGI-quality, all pre-rendered but you can control them, then it will look better then crysis 2 and that's it, really. If you didn't notice the gameplay resumes straight away after nathan drake falls onto a bridge after being attacked by a helicopter.

That is scripted, and so is the scene in Crysis 2.

You are acting like crysis 2 is using the 360's power so much, yet it runs sub HD and has lol AA that is worth laughing at. Do you find anyone nitpicking that? No, because the end product is what matters, and in this case the end product could have been made even better if it had used MLAA on the PS3, and if it was HD.

How many enemies are on the screen? One two three LOL.

Go play killzone 2 where there are enemies flying all over the screen. In MP there are 32 people playing and the game looks better then crysis 2 MP, how amazing is that? Oops no, sorry, forgot it was not on the 360.

No heavy character models either. No beautiful environments. It still plays like a corridor shooter, almost as narrow as killzone 2. Yeah there are some places which look open, but if you look closely its very comparable to killzone 2.

And there's texture pop-in as well. Oh the technologies.

Get over the fact that some people have other games as the best looking. I seriously doubt Crysis 2 is running at 30 fps with no screen tearing, but even if it does it still doesn't match Uncharted 2 which is perfect. 30 fps, no screen tearing and 2x MSAA. 

I take back what I said in that other thread about you not making any valid points. This is very valid imo. Sorry it's just I've read a few posts from you that come across quite anti 360pro PS3. I'll back up what you have to say here more so. Crysis 2 defo DOES NOT run at 30fps. In fact it struggles to hold 20fps at times. It's certainly not smooth.

Around the Network

geez...  ..this thread and all the other crysis 2 threads turned into a really sad thread people.. has the level on vgchartz really sunk that low..

*goes back playing and enjoying a game*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

buglebum said:

I take back what I said in that other thread about you not making any valid points. This is very valid imo. Sorry it's just I've read a few posts from you that come across quite anti 360pro PS3. I'll back up what you have to say here more so. Crysis 2 defo DOES NOT run at 30fps. In fact it struggles to hold 20fps at times. It's certainly not smooth.

Its ok, you turned a 180 very fast though lol.

Don't worry about it.

mantlepiecek said:

That is not MLAA, that is DLAA and is different, much inferior to MLAA, and funnily enough the PS3 version  had the better AA in that comparison.

DLAA is better, doesn't take away CPU resources so you don't have to make sacrifices like linear games, don't see the point of less aliasing if your only going to tear more and have lots more slowdown

mantlepiecek said:

Weaker GPUs? PS3 wasn't even going to have a GPU. GPU isn't the only thing that helps the graphics on the PS3, and if you didn't know that, then you are pretty much very weak in knowledge regarding the PS3.

i did know that, thats why i mentioned the weak GPU -  cells not proving much good for anything except MLAA these days, and now they're doing it on Xbox 360 with superior results, not that they'd need to, there are more 4xMSAA xbox 360 games then there are 2xMSAA PS3 games

mantlepiecek said:

MSAA is inferior to MLAA depending upon the times. 8x MSAA is considered to be equal to MLAA, and the PCs are starting to use it as well, ATI graphic cards are doing it but not as well as MLAA on the PS3. That should tell you something about the PS3's architecture.

nope, MSAA is still the best, which is why it is so expensive, MLAA destroys image quality and lighting and has hideous artifacting, it's a step up from quincunx and thats it

mantlepiecek said:

That should tell you something about the PS3's architecture.

ibm cancelling any future development on cell tells me everything i need to know about PS3 architecture (it has no future) - this is confirmed by Sony using a symmetric CPU in the NGP

besides anyone serious about doing AA on PC is going to go with SSAA, then MSAA, the only reason to go with MLAA is if your graphics card isn't up to it

mendozahotness said:
mantlepiecek said:

DLAA is better, doesn't take away CPU resources so you don't have to make sacrifices like linear games, don't see the point of less aliasing if your only going to tear more and have lots more slowdown

mantlepiecek said:

i did know that, thats why i mentioned the weak GPU -  cells not proving much good for anything except MLAA these days, and now they're doing it on Xbox 360 with superior results, not that they'd need to, there are more 4xMSAA xbox 360 games then there are 2xMSAA PS3 games

mantlepiecek said:

nope, MSAA is still the best, which is why it is so expensive, MLAA destroys image quality and lighting and has hideous artifacting, it's a step up from quincunx and thats it

mantlepiecek said:

That should tell you something about the PS3's architecture.

ibm cancelling any future development on cell tells me everything i need to know about PS3 architecture (it has no future) - this is confirmed by Sony using a symmetric CPU in the NGP

besides anyone serious about doing AA on PC is going to go with SSAA, then MSAA, the only reason to go with MLAA is if your graphics card isn't up to it

Must be why only the top-end ATI graphic cards do MLAA...lol.

IBM cancelling it has nothing to do with its parallel processing. MLAA is better then MSAA both digitalfoundry and lens of truth agree to this, so I suggest you do your research. Not everything that;ss a resource hog is always a good thing, and its been tested before. DA 2 on the PS3 has MLAA and DA 2 on the 360 has 2x MSAA, which looks better again? DA 2 on the PS3, it was actually comparable to the PC version and that was actually done by digitalfoundry.

Turns out there wasn't any difference in the aliasing LOL so much for your MSAA is better argument.

DLAA is certainly better then MSAA but not better then MLAA which gives a better look. And it ended up looking better on the PS3.

More games having AA on the 360 have got nothing to do with MLAA anyway, since it was developed a little late. 

Oh and you were talking about open world games being compromised? LOL What is the saboteur again? It has MLAA, but nice fail try from you. And definitely star wars force unleashed 2 is not an open world game so I don't see why it doesn't have MLAA....

Seeing RAZ trolling again like he did before he got permabanned is just sad, some people never learn...

This thread gets worse with every comment... please, a mod has to close this!

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3