By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name some of your most dissapointing games this gen!

Around the Network

is it alright to say that no game ive played so far in this gen has disappointed me?

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

In no particular order:

Metriod: Other M

It just didn't feel like a Metroid game.  I had fun with it, and I even liked the game play, but you spend 75% of combat doing crazy flips all over the place.  That's not Metroid.  The Prime games felt like Metroid.  Then there was the story.  Oh, the story.  They did everything they could to try and ruin the Samus character.  On top of that, it comitted the cardinal sin of storytelling.  It was boring.  The cutscenes were long and boring.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

This is actually a really good point and click puzzle game...until you get to the last four levels.  Then it becomes an awful action game with terrible controls.  Those levels are soooo bad, that it pretty much ruins the whole game.  It just leaves an awful taste in your mouth.  On top of that, if you want to 100% this game, you have to have someone in your pirate group do it for you.  You spend the money you collect in the levels to send someone out to collect treasures.  So basically, you press the 'A' button over and over, and hope he comes back with new stuff for you.  It is boring and terrible and takes forever.  They hid some of the treasures in the actual levels, why not all of it?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World: Story was horrible, new characters were horrible, didn't like the monsters system, the old characters were ruined, Emil's hair was horrible too. There was no world map and the gameplay wasn't as fun as the first one's.

Children of Mana: Bad game overall I only bought it because of nostalgia and because I thought that the dancer girl was cute.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Spore should have been the Game of the Forever.  It was instead a mediocre pile of junk.

Empire: Total War finally brought the game to a timeline I'd been wanting it to explore since the original Shogun.  And it now had naval battles!  Unfortunately, the AI was even worse than it was in Medieval II, to the point where the game was absolutely no fun.

I'd drooled over Twilight Princess for years before its release, and even bought a Wii day one primarily for this title.  While it wasn't bad, it certainly felt bloated and derivative, and it is the game that began my declining interest in the Zelda franchise.  Please, make Skyward Sword something that grabs me, Nintendo!

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

8 - Fallout 3 - the game was okay, loads of content and a sense of humor unlike any other, but the gameplay itself was unrefined and no matter how much I WANT to love it, the fact remains: post apocalyptic wastelands are depressing as hell, and I cannot play them for extended periods of time.  good game though, just not for me.

Have you considered trying Fallout: New Vegas?  It fixes the problem you're having with the setting, and I think the gameplay is much improved.  Of course, it also has the same amount of bugs...

Dragon Age: Origins - Before its release some were calling it the spirtual successor to Baldur's Gate 2...

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - I've heard it's really good but it's still a major disappointment to me  because I thought it was going to be like the first two games when it was first announced.

Crackdown 2 - They should have greenlit a sequel a few months after the first game released and given them a decent amount of development time.

Modern Warfare 2 - I expected more from the follow up to CoD4. Was a good game but no post-launch support killed it.

Final fantasy XIII

I lost my mind on this game :(

I really want to drop the guy who invented Commando Pro perk off a building, to see whether his theory holds irl.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.