By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name some of your most dissapointing games this gen!

Metroid Other M, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sonic 4(wiiware), and Wii Music.

Around the Network

sonic 4 and um white knightchronicles i mean i wasnt hyped for white knight or anything but the way they did your created character was messed up dudes a damn cyborg lol.

Also i dissapoint myself i cant seem to play series that wont evolve....wait this may not be my fault.

Like many others said in this thread Metal Gear Solid 4 takes the cake for me. This was a very disappointing game indeed and not just in 1 area. The story fell apart and left plot holes even after the ending not to mention parts of it were incoherent, I'm all for a complex narrative and enjoy them but there's a difference between complex and convoluted trash, MGS4 was convoluted trash.

The gameplay left a lot to be desired, there were too many cut scenes not enough gameplay, there weren't many memorable moments. It was very disappointing after MGS3 turned out so well.

Dragon Age 2 -- I think everyone has discussed this games flaws to death in the last few weeks. I knew it was going to be bad the moment its features were starting to get unveiled, Dragon Age 2 was trying to become a Mass Effect clone instead of continuing Dragon Age Origins legacy. The biggest blow was this was the first Bioware game with a poor story.

Others were Metroid Other M, Killzone 2, Mirror's Edge

ME2 and GT5, "only" good games. Was expecting more.

Tekken 6, RE5, DMC4 , sooo last gen.

COD, Halo, just dont like it at all.

Uncharted 2 what a boring Game, I heard from all the hype around this Game and saw all this Award and very good ratings and so I decide to buy it, I had a lot of  hopes and expectations because of all this hype about this game, and than it turnde out as total boring and lame.

Killzone 2 was also extremely boring and a waste of time.

Around the Network

My expectations already plummeted pretty dramatically when I saw this trailer, and the fact that I didn't have pay one penny for it softened the blow, but I still couldn't help but cringe throughout almost the entirety of Metroid: Other M.

Hey, Rare, here's a crazy idea: How about in the next Banjo-Kazooie, a little less fiddling around with vehicles, and a little more stuff we actually enjoy, like, say... Quality platforming?

I know. It's a stretch.

MotorStorm caught my attention back in 2007, sometime during the PS3 launch. I tried a demo at an electronics shop, and it was a lot o' fun, and when I got myself a PS3 over a year later, 'twas one of the first games I got with the system.

But, unfortunately, some brainiac(s) decided not to include local multiplayer. The Hell? This type of game demands local multiplayer. Multiplayer games just don't feel right without someone sitting next to me, whom I can scream bloody murder at, or talk smack to.

Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Dead Rising 2, Prototype, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Burnout Paradise. All bitterly dissapointing, especially as their predecessers (Revenge, 2008 PoP, and DR are some of my fav ever games )

Seece said:

Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Dead Rising 2, Prototype, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Burnout Paradise. All bitterly dissapointing, especially as their predecessers (Revenge, 2008 PoP, and DR are some of my fav ever games )

What's wrong with Dead Rising 2? I haven't watched reviews, but from the gameplay videos I've seen, it looks just as fun and over-the-top as the first one.

GTA IV, Medal of Honor(Left a bitter taste in my mouth, this one did.) and many more that I can't recall off the top of my head. My list of disappointments is long. Very long.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

I like most games that I've played,but the only ones that come to mind are haze,the first AC and homefront. I thought all of these games were going to be more,than what they were.