By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Game Boy games come to Virtual Console?

I would love to see some Game Boy games on Virtual Console.

You?

Around the Network

I was under the impression that nintendo had some sort of mini virtual console for the DS in the pipline consisting of gameboy games. Can anyone confirm this?

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

I think a mini VC for the DS wouldn't work, because the DS isn't designed for that... unless it'd involve a different DS cartridge.

HOWEVER I also think that would be exciting and fun.

And I think that GB/GBC/GBA games most certainly should go VC. Classic GB for 150 points, GBC for 200, and GBA for 500.

SW-5120-1900-6153

ER.. everyone is going to hate me for this, but last geneation I downloaded a load of old GB roms onto my xbox, but the point is they played flawlesly, so it can definatly be done well. I thnk 700 points for GBA and 200 for GB and GBC.

(P.S. I owned most of the GB originals I downloaded anyway)

No

Beucase they would look horrible on an HD TV.

But if they manage to find a way to put them onthe ds then sure.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
No

Beucase they would look horrible on an HD TV.

But if they manage to find a way to put them onthe ds then sure.

Very few people have HDTVs. Look at how many people bought Super Gameboys and Gameboy Players. I played Mario vs. Donkey Kong entirely on my TVand it was much better like that.

DS download is a good but technically impractical idea in my opinion.

I say they should, because they would sell (that's reason enough), but specifically I want the chance to play Metroid II.

Systems that aren't on VC, but should be: MSX, Master System, Saturn (storage issues), Dreamcast (storage issues), GB, GBC, GBA. 

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Oh, they should definitely do that! I always wondered why they never did.. It'd be awesome. :) Also, GB games should've been included in de DS version of Animal Crossing, but that's just my opinion. :p

Well, anyway, it shouldn't be much of a problem. It's not like it'd be dificult to get GB game to play on Wii, plus the GameBoy line has about the biggest library of games ever. They could put thousands upon thousands of these games on the VC for next to nothing and make huuuge profits off of them. And if there happen to be a few titles that don't sell, then no big deal, they'd have hardly cost them anything anyway.

2008 Predictions:

Wii: 44 Million
Xbox360: 25 Million
PS3: 22 Million

DS: 90 Million
PSP: 37 Million

Yes they should be on the VC and you should be able to play them on the go on the DS. Also, some of the bigger releases like Super Mario Land 2 and Links Awakening would be nice to have with upgraded visuals. Those 2 games alone made the GB worth every cent I made as a slave in the hay fields. I still remember the day I bought the GB at Canadian tire... what an awesome system it turned out to be (I never wanted a GB until I saw those sweet pics of Zelda on it... then I was sold)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

@game_boy

Very few?

More like 24% of the World has upgraded to HD TV.

mM
Cuish said:

I would love to see some Game Boy games on Virtual Console.

You?

Yes.