By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Game Boy games come to Virtual Console?

Also: Special "value" packs of GB games should be released for 500-1000 points, as well.

A pack including Tetris + Super Mario Land + Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins would sell like hotcakes for years.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@game_boy

Very few?

More like 24% of the World has upgraded to HD TV.

the numbers i heard quoted (about 1 month ago) was 15% with hopes of 25% by the end of the holiday.

At least 24% of the world doesn't even have a TV.

And I'd buy GB games for 250 pts, maybe 300. Some, at least.

Desroko said:
At least 24% of the world doesn't even have a TV.

And at least 8-10% of that doesn't even know what a TV is, I'm sure.

With that all said, I'd say it's highly unlikely that over 30% of the rest of the world has upgraded. My rich uncle (see: owns two houses running over a half-million dollars each, owns the first 60+ inch TV I ever saw, drives a 2005 Corvette with all the extras) doesn't even have an HDTV (unless he's keeping one in his house in Marco Island, but he spends more time in his house here in Cincinnati, so I doubt it).

SW-5120-1900-6153

94% of all statistics are totally made up on the spot, or are calculated via polls that are only 50% accurate at best.

Also, I know there is going to be a Wii ware update that will allow you to download things straight to your DS, most likely just demos for DS games and stuff to start. From what I recall, that service is already available in Japan.

Likely, this will eventually be used to get the old gameboy games, GB and GBC that aren't compatible with the DS as it is. I'm still trying to figure out how they'll handle the rom, whether allowing a card for the rom, or just making you store it straight on system memory and have you only close the lid and not turn off the power when you're not playing the game.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

It'd be a goldmine

As for playing games on regular HDTV...
Please check out the Super Game Boy, and Game Boy Player
This wont be much of a problem.

I play NES games on my nice tele,
and I have never said...
MAN!!!
THIS LOOKS SO MUCH WORSE THEN IT DID TWENTY YEARS AGO!
STUPID LO-DEF GAME-HIGH DEF TV!

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

yes it would be good for them to come to the VC but i think they will come at wii2's VC

We all know they'll be on the VC sometime, someway. And hopefully you'll be able to play them both on TV and DS.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I don't think they should. I spend too much oin VC as it is 8)

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

leo-j said:
No

Beucase they would look horrible on an HD TV.

But if they manage to find a way to put them onthe ds then sure.

Not everyone has to have games look super-anti-aliased and jaggy free. Games with gameboy resolution look fine on my 42" 1080p display. If you were old enough to play games during the 80's and early 90's you'd probably be more tolerant of "jaggies" - they don't really bother me.

On topic - It would be kind of cool, except for the fact that the games were meant to be played on the go anyways. Still, it should work fine. A DS virtual console would totally rock though (especially if they included nes/snes games)