By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Game Boy games come to Virtual Console?

Yes.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

YES! This is a no-brainer for Nintendo. Especially if you can then upload them to a DS.

And does it really matter how they look on HD? There's no expectation for them to look good (by today's standards), just be fun to play. According to a WW poll on Wii over 50% of Wii owners had HDtvs. Not an issue really.

I don't have a HD TV, and I would love to play again my GB, GBA games again, Link's Awakening my favorite handheld game

Grey Acumen said:
94% of all statistics are totally made up on the spot, or are calculated via polls that are only 50% accurate at best.
42% of people know that

YES!! I never bought the handhelds, but always wanted them for various zelda, metroid, and mario games. Now I would have that chance.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
No

Beucase they would look horrible on an HD TV.

But if they manage to find a way to put them onthe ds then sure.

..... Ummm well did they ever looked that wow on the gameboy? I wouldn't mind playing on the tv, even if it looks a bit worse, I just want to play the game XD

thetonestarr said:
Desroko said:
At least 24% of the world doesn't even have a TV.

And at least 8-10% of that doesn't even know what a TV is, I'm sure.

With that all said, I'd say it's highly unlikely that over 30% of the rest of the world has upgraded. My rich uncle (see: owns two houses running over a half-million dollars each, owns the first 60+ inch TV I ever saw, drives a 2005 Corvette with all the extras) doesn't even have an HDTV (unless he's keeping one in his house in Marco Island, but he spends more time in his house here in Cincinnati, so I doubt it).

Nah I think 24% is right, maybe a bit less but I would guess that around that much people don't have a tv.

The idea of my 50" TV attempting to display multiple hues of green in a 160 × 144 resolution just made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Hell Yes!

Grey Acumen said:
94% of all statistics are totally made up on the spot, or are calculated via polls that are only 50% accurate at best.

Also, I know there is going to be a Wii ware update that will allow you to download things straight to your DS, most likely just demos for DS games and stuff to start. From what I recall, that service is already available in Japan.

Likely, this will eventually be used to get the old gameboy games, GB and GBC that aren't compatible with the DS as it is. I'm still trying to figure out how they'll handle the rom, whether allowing a card for the rom, or just making you store it straight on system memory and have you only close the lid and not turn off the power when you're not playing the game.

well if you're questioning my stat of about 15% of the market being HD, my source was patcher from an appearance on bonus round.  and i misquoted slightly, he said 16-17%, my bad.  if he made it up, well i can't help that.  he says it just a bit beyond the halfway mark.

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=17&pt=1