By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Game Boy games come to Virtual Console?

I'd love to see them as well, particularly Link's Awakening.

Around the Network

ya i would like to see it. but the controlls might me a little mest up.

azzer100 said:
I was under the impression that nintendo had some sort of mini virtual console for the DS in the pipline consisting of gameboy games. Can anyone confirm this?

A Wii Channel that allows the Wii to function as a DS Download Station has been mentioned before, but I've never heard anything official about a GB/GBC emulator on the DS.

My guess is that if GB and GBC titles were made available, they would not be designed to be played on the TV at all, but rather would go to a new VC Store/Wii management channel where you would send the game over to a DS.

OT: Yes, that would be a cool idea.

New question: Should Nintendo allow you to buy a special flash cartridge and save all virtual console games to play on the DS? Think about it--portable Super Metroid and Star Fox 64! The only problem would be the N64 with its' extra buttons, but couldn't they just slap some extra buttons on the touch screen?

What's all this HDTV arguing about? I had a Gameboy Player under my Gamecube...I played Minish Cap, Metroid: Zero Mission, Advance Wars, etc, on my TV, it was nice.

GBA is essentially a Super Nintendo...I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to play it on a TV...other than the text in handheld games is much larger, so it's kind of annoying on a TV. And yeah, GB and GBC games would look pretty bad, but that's cause they always looked pretty bad.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Sorry... I would not buy any gb/gbc/gba games for the Wii or DS. I would jus play them on my computer which is hooked upped my TV. The emulation is pretty much 100% on the computer and If I want to play them on the go I have the choice of putting it on my PSP. And I have yet to purchase a Virtual Counsel game mainly because I rather own the original or My computer can run it better and with smoother graphics(mainly N64 games) with the exception of PSX games (i have an older Mac G5 poor PSX support). So I will download some PSX games for the PS3. Once the Wii has original games to download I'll be all over them!! :)

Me: Even if you think you like me... You Don't! It's just that simple. I can be the bigger man and accept Xbox 360 may have some good games but screw their Hardware to HELL!!! F*** the RROD!!! Me: I'm not a fan boy :D. I just choose to hate everything Micro$oft and I love being immature! Can't wait to talk to you! Aesop: It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. Aesop: We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. Me: STFU... I'm eating tacos....... I reverse...... yea! Predictions for 2008 Coming Soon!!!

azzer100 said:
I was under the impression that nintendo had some sort of mini virtual console for the DS in the pipline consisting of gameboy games. Can anyone confirm this?

No, so far there only have been about 2 or 3 demo's online on the Japan's Everybody's Nintendo Channel, but they're already gone. No new demo's, trailers only. So far no info about Gameboy Virtual Console games either, as far as I know. GBA would be nice, many GBA games are still too expensive.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I don't think GB VC will come to DS or even the Nintendo Wii.

I still think Nintendo has plans for a new GameBoy. A console to compete against PSP for the hardcore gamers (Not casual). This console would likely be like the PSP with full online functionality.

I'd bet that when Nintendo releases their next GameBoy that it will have full VC capabilities.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

leo-j said:
@game_boy

Very few?

More like 24% of the World has upgraded to HD TV.

Wow, since there are 100 billion people in the world, thats potentially 24 billion HDTVs.

100 billion?! More like over nine thousand.