By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version of MGS: Rising is better than other versions!

Chairman-Mao said:
antfromtashkent said:

I really NEED this game to be move compatable.

Are you kidding? Move is for sports games and family games. How would it work in a stealth/action FPS game without being super lame?

I'm not trying to diss move here, I just hate motion controls in general unless its a sports game. 

MGS Rising isn't an FPS!

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
alekth said:
Chairman-Mao said:
antfromtashkent said:

I really NEED this game to be move compatable.

Are you kidding? Move is for sports games and family games. How would it work in a stealth/action FPS game without being super lame?

I'm not trying to diss move here, I just hate motion controls in general unless its a sports game. 

It's not a shooter, it's about slicing. So it would work like NMH.

Though I don't want it to, will play with regular controller.

Really? I thought MGS was all shooting. NM my comment earlier then.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i think if the ps3 version is that much better its because the dev's arent even trying on the 360 version at all, since both consoles are basicly the same in terms of power.

i think the ps3 and 360 versions will sell over 7 million combined , when its all said and done.

Yeah btw this is proof that Ms aint money hatting anything. If there was doubts before for anyone they seem to be gone.. or should be at least.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

cory.ok said:

thats not how it works

the biggest preformance limitation is the programming not matching hardware capability. you could have the best hardware available, but if the software doesnt give it proper support it wont run properly.

this announcement is pretty much saying that the microsoft versions will be simple ports, not optimized ports. pretty standard for developers doing multiplatform titles, no one should have expected anything else

the guy seemed to say the ps3 was the most powerful of the 3 platforms... it isnt

d21lewis said:
buglebum said:
makingmusic476 said:

I predict this will be FFXIII 2.0.  Only with a horribly unoptimized PC version to go alongside the others.

I find it in poor taste that these developers crank out crappy ports of these games just  to make a quick buck.  And in FFXIII's case, I know some multiplatform owners who supported this practice by buying the 360 version, simply because they wanted achievements.

guilty...shame.

I came pretty close, myself.

my first attempt was a ps3 version, my second attempt was a 360 version, couldnt get into it because of the difference.

Around the Network

lemme help your quote button and replace the context that my response was based on

AussieGecko said:
cory.ok said:
kowenicki said:

2012!?

and it will loook better than on PS3 than on a 2012 PC with the latest tech?

no it wont.

thats not how it works

the biggest preformance limitation is the programming not matching hardware capability. you could have the best hardware available, but if the software doesnt give it proper support it wont run properly.

this announcement is pretty much saying that the microsoft versions will be simple ports, not optimized ports. pretty standard for developers doing multiplatform titles, no one should have expected anything else

the guy seemed to say the ps3 was the most powerful of the 3 platforms... it isnt

but it will still look the best on the ps3. if youre trying to say that it could look better on pc, well, ya... lol, thats not a very profound statement. all games CAN look better on pc than on a console, hell all games that have been released COULD have looked better than they did at release.

developers pick a set of system specs and develop for that, maybe the system specs that theyre developing for are lower than ps3 specs and so from their prospective the ps3 is the more powerful platform. maybe it was a translation error, i dont care, it doesnt matter, i wasnt even trying to address this issue. its a moot point for this game, they obviously arent interested in taking advantage of the latest hardware available

cory.ok said:

lemme help your quote button and replace the context that my response was based on

but it will still look the best on the ps3. if youre trying to say that it could look better on pc, well, ya... lol, thats not a very profound statement. all games CAN look better on pc than on a console, hell all games that have been released COULD have looked better than they did at release.

developers pick a set of system specs and develop for that, maybe the system specs that theyre developing for are lower than ps3 specs and so from their prospective the ps3 is the more powerful platform. maybe it was a translation error, i dont care, it doesnt matter, i wasnt even trying to address this issue. its a moot point for this game, they obviously arent interested in taking advantage of the latest hardware available

Im not actually trying to avoid anything. You mentioned about the software etc to defend. The issue is that as he stated that the hardware on the ps3 was better... there is no defence. The guy who said this is wrong, and therefore I dont know the real reasoning for the PS3 to be the main console. 

They may be working on PS3 specs but that is not the issue here. The issue is that they are basing it on the most powerful platform... yet they arent. There is no way in hell the ps3 is the more powerful platform... in anybodies eyes...

I am assuming translation error and instead of more powerful, they meant gave them the most money.

AussieGecko said:
cory.ok said:

thats not how it works

if you assume everyone has a high end PC then no, ps3 is not poweful.

credit to him for being realistic and not assuming every pc owner can get graphics like:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2342/crysis2008012322194198td3.jpg

Exclude crysis and how many devs actually beat graphics of games like killzone, uncharted, gran turismo on the average gaming pc?

this game will probably get flamed by PC gamers who spent £3000 on their machines but on the bright side, more people will be able to play it than crysis (assuming ps3 is the best version for MGS rising). if its a port, maybe even low end PC's will be able to play it.

fps_d0minat0r said:

if you assume everyone has a high end PC then no, ps3 is not poweful.

credit to him for being realistic and not assuming every pc owner can get graphics like:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2342/crysis2008012322194198td3.jpg

Exclude crysis and how many devs actually beat graphics of games like killzone, uncharted, gran turismo on the average gaming pc?

this game will probably get flamed by PC gamers who spent £3000 on their machines but on the bright side, more people will be able to play it than crysis (assuming ps3 is the best version for MGS rising). if its a port, maybe even low end PC's will be able to play it.

yes we assume that not everybody has a high end pc for ps3 games but not for 360 games... W T F?

d21lewis said:

Looks like I know which version I'm gettin'!

You should get the 360 version. You're an Xbox man.