By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version of MGS: Rising is better than other versions!

Chairman-Mao said:
antfromtashkent said:

I really NEED this game to be move compatable.

Are you kidding? Move is for sports games and family games. How would it work in a stealth/action FPS game without being super lame?

I'm not trying to diss move here, I just hate motion controls in general unless its a sports game. 

Ummm have you seen the trailers...? Move would be amazing for the sword mechanic......

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
Chairman-Mao said:
antfromtashkent said:

I really NEED this game to be move compatable.

Are you kidding? Move is for sports games and family games. How would it work in a stealth/action FPS game without being super lame?

I'm not trying to diss move here, I just hate motion controls in general unless its a sports game. 

Ummm have you seen the trailers...? Move would be amazing for the sword mechanic......

Yeah I already admitted my mistake. I thought it was a game like MGS4 I didn't know it was so different. 

this game will be asume.

i'm finding it hard to beleive the PS3 version is better then the PC version, but not imposible to beleive.

well ill buy which ever version i needs the points for a slight graphical bump aint gone do me.

fps_d0minat0r said:
AussieGecko said:
cory.ok said:

thats not how it works

the biggest preformance limitation is the programming not matching hardware capability. you could have the best hardware available, but if the software doesnt give it proper support it wont run properly.

this announcement is pretty much saying that the microsoft versions will be simple ports, not optimized ports. pretty standard for developers doing multiplatform titles, no one should have expected anything else

the guy seemed to say the ps3 was the most powerful of the 3 platforms... it isnt

if you assume everyone has a high end PC then no, ps3 is not poweful.

credit to him for being realistic and not assuming every pc owner can get graphics like:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2342/crysis2008012322194198td3.jpg

Exclude crysis and how many devs actually beat graphics of games like killzone, uncharted, gran turismo on the average gaming pc?

this game will probably get flamed by PC gamers who spent £3000 on their machines but on the bright side, more people will be able to play it than crysis (assuming ps3 is the best version for MGS rising). if its a port, maybe even low end PC's will be able to play it.

Good point, but if someone wears MS glasses they probably  won't see what you are saying.

There was an interesting article concerning what you said written by PC game developers, if I find it I'll post it.

It involved working at the lowest possible PC spec to ensure a larger user base and other stuff.

Around the Network

lets compair past MGS titles that had both PC and playstation versions

aparently the PC version is almost unplayable tho...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

justinian said:

Good point, but if someone wears MS glasses they probably  won't see what you are saying.

There was an interesting article concerning what you said written by PC game developers, if I find it I'll post it.

It involved working at the lowest possible PC spec to ensure a larger user base and other stuff.

saying someone wears a companies glasses is the same as calling them a fanboy... dont

I had a lengthy conversation with a couple of people saying that PC is clearly a different format, and they disagreed saying they had to compared with whatever is out. So in all intense and purposes all games can be seen at the better graphics. The fact that it is being argued against that point in this thread is laughable.

It shows severe inconsistencies by communities. 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

The only reason why they probably put it on the 360 was to make some extra money in the process. it will sell 4 million on ps3 and maybe 1.5-2.0 million on the 360. 

@aussiegecko  only if you have a PC that can run a game the way it was meant to be run. Alot of people dont have the things they need to take full advantage of the "superior" PC graphics. If i was to get COD BOs for my PC it would not look better than my PS3, because i only have the minimum requirements. Hell I dont even think my PC can run that game period

oniyide said:

@aussiegecko  only if you have a PC that can run a game the way it was meant to be run. Alot of people dont have the things they need to take full advantage of the "superior" PC graphics. If i was to get COD BOs for my PC it would not look better than my PS3, because i only have the minimum requirements. Hell I dont even think my PC can run that game period

eh dun worry there are certain convos that I think I shouldnt have on this site. It has taken me a while to learn haha

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752