By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version of MGS: Rising is better than other versions!

makingmusic476 said:

I predict this will be FFXIII 2.0.  Only with a horribly unoptimized PC version to go alongside the others.

I find it in poor taste that these developers crank out crappy ports of these games just  to make a quick buck.  And in FFXIII's case, I know some multiplatform owners who supported this practice by buying the 360 version, simply because they wanted achievements.

guilty...shame.

Around the Network
buglebum said:
makingmusic476 said:

I predict this will be FFXIII 2.0.  Only with a horribly unoptimized PC version to go alongside the others.

I find it in poor taste that these developers crank out crappy ports of these games just  to make a quick buck.  And in FFXIII's case, I know some multiplatform owners who supported this practice by buying the 360 version, simply because they wanted achievements.

guilty...shame.

I came pretty close, myself.

NYANKS said:
hikaruchan said:
ultraslick said:

The funny thing is, I am such a fanboy that if the 360 version was better I would not buy the game. But since the PS3 is the best version; I will almost definitely buy this game... weird.

I think it has to do with the roots of Metal Gear and how I feel like it only belongs on PS3.

are on the NSX2 Dude not SONY PS1.

Haha he should have said Metal Gear SOLID, not just Metal Gear hehe.

Yeah apparantly here on these chastising forums, everything that I dont say, I automatically don't have a clue about.

shit, it is so frustrating on here sometimes i dont know why i bother. Thanks everyone for the history lesson.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
NYANKS said:
hikaruchan said:
ultraslick said:

The funny thing is, I am such a fanboy that if the 360 version was better I would not buy the game. But since the PS3 is the best version; I will almost definitely buy this game... weird.

I think it has to do with the roots of Metal Gear and how I feel like it only belongs on PS3.

Yeah apparantly here on these chastising forums, everything that I dont say, I automatically don't have a clue about.

shit, it is so frustrating on here sometimes i dont know why i bother. Thanks everyone for the history lesson.

Sorry dude.  :(  I was just laughing at the nitpicking lol. 

antfromtashkent said:

I really NEED this game to be move compatable.

Are you kidding? Move is for sports games and family games. How would it work in a stealth/action FPS game without being super lame?

I'm not trying to diss move here, I just hate motion controls in general unless its a sports game. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:

when is this releasing....?

"Metal Gear Solid: Rising in 2012 on three platforms PS3, X360 and PC will be offered".

2012!?

and it will loook better than on PS3 than on a 2012 PC with the latest tech?

no it wont.

thats not how it works

the biggest preformance limitation is the programming not matching hardware capability. you could have the best hardware available, but if the software doesnt give it proper support it wont run properly.

this announcement is pretty much saying that the microsoft versions will be simple ports, not optimized ports. pretty standard for developers doing multiplatform titles, no one should have expected anything else

Awesome, will be looking forward to it - thanks for the effort, Konami!

Chairman-Mao said:
antfromtashkent said:

I really NEED this game to be move compatable.

Are you kidding? Move is for sports games and family games. How would it work in a stealth/action FPS game without being super lame?

I'm not trying to diss move here, I just hate motion controls in general unless its a sports game. 

It's not a shooter, it's about slicing. So it would work like NMH.

Though I don't want it to, will play with regular controller.

I am hyped for this game and have a PS3, but I couldn't really care who gets the superior version

NYANKS said:
ultraslick said:
NYANKS said:
hikaruchan said:
ultraslick said:

Sorry dude.  :(  I was just laughing at the nitpicking lol. 

I guess I am sorry to dude. But Facts are fats are facts all we don't wont kids thinking that Video Games started with the PS1 do we?

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku