By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Nintendo Published 3DS Launch Simulation Madness?*

welcome to: ===== http://www.clothes6.org ==== Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30 Handbags(Coach l v f e n d i d&g) $35 Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $15 Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30 Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,A r m a i n i) $15 New era cap $12 Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20 accept paypal and free shipping ====== http://www.clothes6.org ==== ====== http://www.clothes6.org ==== ====== http://www.clothes6.org ==== ====== http://www.clothes6.org ==== http://www.clothes6.org ====== http://www.clothes6.org ====

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
RolStoppable said:
PullusPardus said:
RolStoppable said:

A game that tries to simulate real life, but real life looking graphics aren't mandatory. Otherwise The Sims wouldn't be a simulation.

Is Pilotwings a series that tries to simulate real life physics? Absolutely.

Nothing substantial.

I've noticed that you tend to post some random rubbish whenever you have no counterpoints whatsoever. The one and only point you have is "I don't want it to be true", but that doesn't make you right.

Not as rubbish as your sense of humor though.

would you honestly call Ace Combat a flight simulator? , hey it got dem knot meters and dem altitudez , oh oh and it got real life jet planes! ,  ZOMG,  ITS JUST LOIKE TEH REAL THING

This is a flight simulator

You might not know this, but a lot of people do put Ace Combat under Combat Flight Simulation. 

Also I think the problem you have is that you think simulation has to be realistic as possible. Like rol said, Sim is considered a life simulation, but it isn't accurate to the teeth (or really accurate at all).

Acevil said:

You might not know this, but a lot of people do put Ace Combat under Combat Flight Simulation. 

Also I think the problem you have is that you think simulation has to be realistic as possible. Like rol said, Sim is considered a life simulation, but it isn't accurate to the teeth. 

i bet those guys think jet planes can carry 200 missiles.

Simulators are Simulators.

PullusPardus said:
Acevil said:

Also I think the problem you have is that you think simulation has to be realistic as possible. Like rol said, Sim is considered a life simulation, but it isn't accurate to the teeth. 

i bet those guys think jet planes can carry 200 missiles.

Simulators are Simulators.

Not saying I agree, I just am telling you that a lot of people put Ace Combat under Combat Flight Simulation. PS: By arguing this point (about pilot wings, and ace combat), you disagree with majority of the industry that labels genre. 

RolStoppable said:
PullusPardus said:
RolStoppable said:

I've noticed that you tend to post some random rubbish whenever you have no counterpoints whatsoever. The one and only point you have is "I don't want it to be true", but that doesn't make you right.

would you honestly call Ace Combat a flight simulator? , hey it got dem knot meters and dem altitudez , oh oh and it got real life jet planes! ,  ZOMG,  ITS JUST LOIKE TEH REAL THING

No, I wouldn't call Ace Combat a flight simulator.

Your argument comes down to more accurate simulations can be found on the PC, but that's something that didn't prevent other console games from being classified as simulations despite being way behind their PC counterparts. In other words, the requirements for a console game being called simulation are much less strict than in the computer space.

So in other words, its not a simulator.

btw you are going offtopic, and now going ontopic, PilotWings and Steel Diver are not simulators, deal with it.

Around the Network

They're publishing Street Fighter then again that is a fighting game sim.  =3

PullusPardus said:
RolStoppable said:
PullusPardus said:
RolStoppable said:

Your argument comes down to more accurate simulations can be found on the PC, but that's something that didn't prevent other console games from being classified as simulations despite being way behind their PC counterparts. In other words, the requirements for a console game being called simulation are much less strict than in the computer space.

btw you are going offtopic, and now going ontopic, PilotWings and Steel Diver are not simulators, deal with it.

You really didn't make a real argument to counter Rol? Just stating that your opinion is fact, rol has more real evidence to say otherwise. A lot of websites also supports rol opinion on the matter. 

If you want, I could easily argue on your behalf. 

Acevil said:
PullusPardus said:
RolStoppable said:
PullusPardus said:
RolStoppable said:

You really didn't make a real argument to counter Rol? Just stating that your opinion is fact, rol has more real evidence to say otherwise. A lot of websites also supports rol opinion on the matter. 

i already did, and he is just trying to twist it as a "Consoles are just dumbed down compared to PC" argument trying to avoid facts, but enough of that,  can YOU tell me, why do you consider this a flight simulator?

RolStoppable said:
PullusPardus said:

i already did, and he is just trying to twist it as a "Consoles are just dumbed down compared to PC" argument trying to avoid facts, but enough of that,  can YOU tell me, why do you consider this a flight simulator?

With Gran Turismo, a series that needed over a decade to incorporate a damage model, being always considered a simulation, it should be pretty obvious that the standards are considerably lower on consoles. This is the prime example to prove my point.

GT is a racer simulator , it simulates racing not the damage, and before you say something about PC sims, PC car simulators also never had "damage" until recently with newer racers, please try again.

other car simulators (not racers) that are now on PC also don't have any damage what so ever.

PullusPardus said:
Acevil said:
PullusPardus said:
RolStoppable said:
PullusPardus said:
RolStoppable said:

I don't really care, I just want to argue! :P Based on opinion is that anyone can say anything is simulation, based on the cateria that is typically used within the industry.

For example Call of Duty is war simulation.

Honestly speaking, I never found any retail game besides flight simulator to really be a simulation (Not even GT), and I would never play that.