By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why has there only been one 3DS FPS game announced..?

The only 3DS FPS game I've heard anything about is Conduit 3D...I was expecting at least one to be available if not on launch day then at least one soon after launch. A 3D FPS game on the go would fly off shelves, particularly if it was the only one available. What are these publishers thinking..?!!? :o/

Around the Network

i hope not to get flamed but i think the 3DS is unpredictable right now for publishers will it be casual or hardcore? launching an FPS along side nintendo software could be a bad idea as we have seen from the wii and DS

Because FPS doesn't translate particularly well to handhelds, very few sell well at all.

What's the highest selling handheld FPS game out of interest?

Why do you need another FPS when they make Metroid Prime Hunters 2...... (wishful thinking lawls)

That's better for HVS

Also, I wonder if this years Call of Duty will be on the 3DS or if it'll stay on the DS? Hmmm...

Around the Network

Because it's the 3DS?  I don't think FPS is the first thing thata comes to dev's minds when they think 3DS.

Because it has the same problems as the PSP:

only one friggin nubstick.

I called it first.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Hate it when people make threads with no intentions of replying to anyone.

Silver-Tiger said:

Because it has the same problems as the PSP:

only one friggin nubstick.

I called it first.

DS FPS's are played using the touch screen, at least the ones I played - and they are the most precise and comfortable non-PC shooters after the Wii/Move. Try it out, you'll LOVE IT.

And yeah, whoever releases one first, will acquire a major advantage for himself.

Because no winning console has ever been well-known for its FPSes?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.