By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Michael-5 said:

Wait, I just looked it up, but Killzone 3 opening week sales are below Killzone 2. That kind of sucks.

Killzone 2 - 756k

Killzone 3 - 530k

Everyone knew this....

Around the Network

Wow KZ3 helped the PS3 do some good work this week!

And software for the 3DS is lower then the actuall sales of the system...i wonder why anyone would buy a gaming system but not buy a game for it.

didnt splinter cell sell more than killzone 3 week 1

4k1x3r said:
dsister said:
ethomaz said:

"3DS was the worst launch for a Nintendo handheld ever"

Someone confirme that? I know it below DS and GBA.

Didn't they sell all they shipped?  

30k still on shelves. And the demand wasn't that higher than those 370k sold apparently.

I'm pretty sure whatever was left is long gone by now. The demand was pretty high. A lot of gamer didn't come out to stores because all the pre-orders were taken. They are going to sell out in U.K. and U.S. when it launches in those regions too. We can't say the same thing for the PSP Go that's for sure. Sony better keep that NGP under $300.

NYANKS said:
Michael-5 said:

Wait, I just looked it up, but Killzone 3 opening week sales are below Killzone 2. That kind of sucks.

Killzone 2 - 756k

Killzone 3 - 530k

That's what we've been talking about.  It's not great, but I think it will have good legs, like most.  Killzone 2's hype was much greater, and 3 had to deal with the PR hit that was the "heavy" controls of 2, as Reasonable said before.

Yea well there was 17 pages prior, didn't feel like reading it all so :P

Spoiler* - Still a good game, not as good of an ending, but still fun.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

Wow KZ3 helped the PS3 do some good work this week!

And software for the 3DS is lower then the actuall sales of the system...i wonder why anyone would buy a gaming system but not buy a game for it.

Software was undershipped. Publishers could barely get the games out in time, and 3DS in general did a lot better then expected. It's literally sold out in Japan, as is Prof Layton, and a couple other games.

Software was so undershipped that many games didn't even meet pre-orders.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

pezus said:

To think that Heavy Rain sold almost exactly the same amount FW as the game with a name Killzone 3. :P

Still good numbers, but not as high as Killzone 2. It's a shame these 9/10 exclusives just don't sell well on PS3. Well at least the gamers are happy.

MightyGrogg said:
4k1x3r said:
dsister said:
ethomaz said:

"3DS was the worst launch for a Nintendo handheld ever"

Someone confirme that? I know it below DS and GBA.

Didn't they sell all they shipped?  

30k still on shelves. And the demand wasn't that higher than those 370k sold apparently.

I'm pretty sure whatever was left is long gone by now. The demand was pretty high. A lot of gamer didn't come out to stores because all the pre-orders were taken. They are going to sell out in U.K. and U.S. when it launches in those regions too. We can't say the same thing for the PSP Go that's for sure. Sony better keep that NGP under $300.

25k were still on shelves, but you can't expect every retailer in all of Japan to sell out. The small inventory in stock is in more remote areas of Japan, where demand is lower. It's hard to predict exactly which retailers will sell out.

viperlegendkiller said:

didnt splinter cell sell more than killzone 3 week 1

It did :-O! Sold about as well as Heavy Rain week 1 too. Both of those games sold 1.75-1.85 million copies to date, and KZ2 sold about 2.6 million.

I think it's a fair estimate that this game will get 1.5-2.5 million. Shame.

Michael-5 said:
pezus said:

To think that Heavy Rain sold almost exactly the same amount FW as the game with a name Killzone 3. :P

Still good numbers, but not as high as Killzone 2. It's a shame these 9/10 exclusives just don't sell well on PS3. Well at least the gamers are happy.

I think the variety/quantity of games and lack of money affect lot of people and not all of the best games get as much sales as they deserve.

Personally, there's like over 5 games I want and maybe 10 more I would propably like a lot after playing, but I don't have the money to buy them all. There's just too many good exclusives and multiplats around on the PS3 and they just keep coming and coming.