By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
LivingMetal said:

a·nal·o·gy   

[uh-nal-uh-jee]
–noun, plural -gies.
a similarity between like features of two things, on which acomparison may be
based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.
similarity or comparability: I see no analogy between your problem and mine.
Biology an analogous relationship.
Linguistics .
a.
the process by which words or phrases are created orre-formed according to existing patterns in thelanguage, as when shoon  was re-formed as shoes, when ize is added to nouns like winter  to form verbs,or when a
child says foots  for feet.
b.
a form resulting from such a process.
Logic a form of reasoning in which one thing is inferred to be similar to another thing
in certain respect, on the basis of the known similarity between the things in other
respects.

condescending = you 

logic = not you

explain how racing genre has anything to do with the shooter genre or how the comparison can be fine. If you cant then I am done in this line of back and fourth

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
NYANKS said:

Just goes to show how hard getting into this business is.  One of the most powerful company's in the world with so much money, and even they had to cut corners to get an edge somewhere. Tough business.

While I don't feel they've done too much for the games side of things, they have my praise for speeding along the online aspect of gaming.  They definitely made Sony step up their game in that respect.  Cheers.

And thanks for not getting all defensive about my perhaps stern remarks, a lot of people would have flown off the handle, but you were rational.  You win 10 internetz.  :D

Yeah Sega can tell you first hand, they were a damn good console maker, now they arent even number one in games, its insane. 

Yeah Ms with online gaming basically dragged gaming by the scruff of the neck and said your coming with me, all to the fortune of sony and nintendo. In fact wasnt that the thing the Nintendo dood was praising Ms for in the GDC?

You made valid points :D I tend to go off the handle a bit when people havent done their research and they pretend to know everything, like some people in this site. I have come across several threads where you have actually done your research so you are not talking out your arse. I like that :D It actually helps me not wanting to bash my head against a wall unlike some people hahaha 

AussieGecko said:
NYANKS said:

Just goes to show how hard getting into this business is.  One of the most powerful company's in the world with so much money, and even they had to cut corners to get an edge somewhere. Tough business.

While I don't feel they've done too much for the games side of things, they have my praise for speeding along the online aspect of gaming.  They definitely made Sony step up their game in that respect.  Cheers.

And thanks for not getting all defensive about my perhaps stern remarks, a lot of people would have flown off the handle, but you were rational.  You win 10 internetz.  :D

Yeah Sega can tell you first hand, they were a damn good console maker, now they arent even number one in games, its insane. 

Yeah Ms with online gaming basically dragged gaming by the scruff of the neck and said your coming with me, all to the fortune of sony and nintendo. In fact wasnt that the thing the Nintendo dood was praising Ms for in the GDC?

You made valid points :D I tend to go off the handle a bit when people havent done their research and they pretend to know everything, like some people in this site. I have come across several threads where you have actually done your research so you are not talking out your arse. I like that :D It actually helps me not wanting to bash my head against a wall unlike some people hahaha 

Ooooh, I hope your not talking about me.

If its me I get very angry face >:(

mantlepiecek said:

nah you use logic more often then not. There are a few others, I am not going to mention them though. I am not dumb enough for that. I personally think they know who they are. I have had bad confrontations with them. 

Granted I generally go overboard in their cases haha

AussieGecko said:
mantlepiecek said:

nah you use logic more often then not. There are a few others, I am not going to mention them though. I am not dumb enough for that. I personally think they know who they are. I have had bad confrontations with them. 

Granted I generally go overboard in their cases haha

Hmm, lol I think I get who you are talking about lol.

You gave a good hint though.

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

a·nal·o·gy   

[uh-nal-uh-jee]
–noun, plural -gies.
a similarity between like features of two things, on which acomparison may be
based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.
similarity or comparability: I see no analogy between your problem and mine.
Biology an analogous relationship.
Linguistics .
a.
the process by which words or phrases are created orre-formed according to existing patterns in thelanguage, as when shoon  was re-formed as shoes, when ize is added to nouns like winter  to form verbs,or when a
child says foots  for feet.
b.
a form resulting from such a process.
Logic a form of reasoning in which one thing is inferred to be similar to another thing
in certain respect, on the basis of the known similarity between the things in other
respects.

condescending = you 

logic = not you

explain how racing genre has anything to do with the shooter genre or how the comparison can be fine. If you cant then I am done in this line of back and fourth

Did you not say something along the lines of...

"hmmm people cannot judge peoples feelings when they are typed sooo"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3937297

Take your own advice, or it's pot kettle black which you have accused me of.  And there is NOTHING condescending with pointing out that my focus was NOT comparing genres, but it was the analogy of comparing games within the same genres whether you felt the analogy was applicable or not.  Please do not attempt to deviate from my original point just because you find yourself misunderstanding me in my assessment.

LivingMetal said:

Take your own advice, or it's pot kettle black which you have accused me of.  And there is NOTHING condescending with pointing out that my focus was NOT comparing genres, but it was the analogy of comparing games within the same genres whether you felt the analogy was applicable or not.  Please do not attempt to deviate from my original point just because you find yourself misunderstanding me in my assessment.

I stand by that, You brought up the meaning of a very commonly used word thus condescending, has nothing to do with feelings.

I am not misunderstanding anything, my last post on this unless you give a valid reason why the racing genre fits in with the shooting genre, I understand what analogy means but explain how your analogy works. Again this is my last post on the matter unless you give a valid answer, so if you come back with a smart arse reply dont expect a response.

AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

I stand by that, You brought up the meaning of a very commonly used word thus condescending, has nothing to do with feelings.

I am not misunderstanding anything, my last post on this unless you give a valid reason why the racing genre fits in with the shooting genre, I understand what analogy means but explain how your analogy works. Again this is my last post on the matter unless you give a valid answer, so if you come back with a smart arse reply dont expect a response.

Please point out where I said the racing genre fits in with the shooting genre.  I never said or implied that.  Never.  Most of here felt that both Killzone and Bulletstorm are targeting the same audience because they are in the same genre (shooter).  And the same can be applied to most other games of their common genres,  I'm an rpg fan of all sorts, but I prefer turn-based rpgs over action rpgs.  Therefore, I most likely will buy a turn-based rpg over an action rpg first when given the options.  This is very similar to the shooter fan who decided to buy Killzone over Bulletstorm first because that shooter fan prefers Killzone over Bulletstorm for whatever reasons.  This by no means saying that the rpg genre fits with the shooting genre or the racing genre as you are falsifying.  Again, it was only an analogy which I tried to stress, but you continue to falsely accuse me of attempting to fit racing with shooting.  Please stop taking everything I say so personally especially when I attempt to clarify to you that there are no hard feelings because like you said you "cannot judge peoples feelings when they are typed."

LivingMetal said:

Please point out where I said the racing genre fits in with the shooting genre.  I never said or implied that.  Never.  Most of here felt that both Killzone and Bulletstorm are targeting the same audience because they are in the same genre (shooter).  And the same can be applied to most other games of their common genres,  I'm an rpg fan of all sorts, but I prefer turn-based rpgs over action rpgs.  Therefore, I most likely will buy a turn-based rpg over an action rpg first when given the options.  This is very similar to the shooter fan who decided to buy Killzone over Bulletstorm first because that shooter fan prefers Killzone over Bulletstorm for whatever reasons.  This by no means saying that the rpg genre fits with the shooting genre or the racing genre as you are falsifying.  Again, it was only an analogy which I tried to stress, but you continue to falsely accuse me of attempting to fit racing with shooting.  Please stop taking everything I say so personally especially when I attempt to clarify to you that there are no hard feelings because like you said you "cannot judge peoples feelings when they are typed."

That was your analogy about racing and shooting genres I want to see how they can compare to each other in you analogy, maybe you need to read your previous link about the meaning of the word.

Same Genre yes, but I will look for Homefront before I look for Call of Duty,  I will look for Bulletstorm before I look for Killzone 3. That is me personally, not everyone sees shooters as one defined thing, not even every "casual" user.

Taking things personally means that you I am thinking you are attacking me... that is not what I was questioning, find out the meaning of personal attacks as well. 

Look I agree some people might have chosen Killzone 3 over Bulletstorm that is fine, but the numbers of Bulletstorm ps3 vs bulletstorm 360 are too great for this simple reason, especially with the media coverage of Bulletstorm. 

And stop quoting me trying to get me back at me, that only works if you use the quotes correctly and you are not...

Ay did the new greatest hits come out this week if so can some one please tell me how much each of them sold ?