By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

Please point out where I said the racing genre fits in with the shooting genre.  I never said or implied that.  Never.  Most of here felt that both Killzone and Bulletstorm are targeting the same audience because they are in the same genre (shooter).  And the same can be applied to most other games of their common genres,  I'm an rpg fan of all sorts, but I prefer turn-based rpgs over action rpgs.  Therefore, I most likely will buy a turn-based rpg over an action rpg first when given the options.  This is very similar to the shooter fan who decided to buy Killzone over Bulletstorm first because that shooter fan prefers Killzone over Bulletstorm for whatever reasons.  This by no means saying that the rpg genre fits with the shooting genre or the racing genre as you are falsifying.  Again, it was only an analogy which I tried to stress, but you continue to falsely accuse me of attempting to fit racing with shooting.  Please stop taking everything I say so personally especially when I attempt to clarify to you that there are no hard feelings because like you said you "cannot judge peoples feelings when they are typed."

That was your analogy about racing and shooting genres I want to see how they can compare to each other in you analogy, maybe you need to read your previous link about the meaning of the word.

Same Genre yes, but I will look for Homefront before I look for Call of Duty,  I will look for Bulletstorm before I look for Killzone 3. That is me personally, not everyone sees shooters as one defined thing, not even every "casual" user.

Taking things personally means that you I am thinking you are attacking me... that is not what I was questioning, find out the meaning of personal attacks as well. 

Look I agree some people might have chosen Killzone 3 over Bulletstorm that is fine, but the numbers of Bulletstorm ps3 vs bulletstorm 360 are too great for this simple reason, especially with the media coverage of Bulletstorm. 

And stop quoting me trying to get me back at me, that only works if you use the quotes correctly and you are not...

Well, let's see Bulletstorm pull off those numbers on 360 if it was released the same week as Halo, or even GeOW3.  It wouldn't happen.  In fact, if PS3 didn't have a shooter coming out on that same week in my scenario, the numbers would probably be reversed.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

Well, let's see Bulletstorm pull off those numbers on 360 if it was released the same week as Halo, or even GeOW3.  It wouldn't happen.  In fact, if PS3 didn't have a shooter coming out on that same week in my scenario, the numbers would probably be reversed.

If we leave Epic out of it... I think it would. Xbox fans seem to be software fiends. Again of course I could be wrong. But yes I admit it would have harmed it a bit. But these are dreadful numbers. Not just bad in comparison

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:

Wow KZ3 helped the PS3 do some good work this week!

And software for the 3DS is lower then the actuall sales of the system...i wonder why anyone would buy a gaming system but not buy a game for it.

Software was undershipped. Publishers could barely get the games out in time, and 3DS in general did a lot better then expected. It's literally sold out in Japan, as is Prof Layton, and a couple other games.

Software was so undershipped that many games didn't even meet pre-orders.

Ah ok I guess that makes sense.

Conegamer said:

Nice start for 3DS!

All consoles up WoW, very nice!

PS3 in teh lead!

And Wii not d00med now

Oh the Wii is doomed.  It's probably more doomed than ever.  Just when you think you're not doomed, that's when doom strikes!  Such is the nature of doom.

AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

Please point out where I said the racing genre fits in with the shooting genre.  I never said or implied that.  Never.  Most of here felt that both Killzone and Bulletstorm are targeting the same audience because they are in the same genre (shooter).  And the same can be applied to most other games of their common genres,  I'm an rpg fan of all sorts, but I prefer turn-based rpgs over action rpgs.  Therefore, I most likely will buy a turn-based rpg over an action rpg first when given the options.  This is very similar to the shooter fan who decided to buy Killzone over Bulletstorm first because that shooter fan prefers Killzone over Bulletstorm for whatever reasons.  This by no means saying that the rpg genre fits with the shooting genre or the racing genre as you are falsifying.  Again, it was only an analogy which I tried to stress, but you continue to falsely accuse me of attempting to fit racing with shooting.  Please stop taking everything I say so personally especially when I attempt to clarify to you that there are no hard feelings because like you said you "cannot judge peoples feelings when they are typed."

That was your analogy about racing and shooting genres I want to see how they can compare to each other in you analogy, maybe you need to read your previous link about the meaning of the word.

Same Genre yes, but I will look for Homefront before I look for Call of Duty,  I will look for Bulletstorm before I look for Killzone 3. That is me personally, not everyone sees shooters as one defined thing, not even every "casual" user.

Taking things personally means that you I am thinking you are attacking me... that is not what I was questioning, find out the meaning of personal attacks as well. 

Look I agree some people might have chosen Killzone 3 over Bulletstorm that is fine, but the numbers of Bulletstorm ps3 vs bulletstorm 360 are too great for this simple reason, especially with the media coverage of Bulletstorm. 

And stop quoting me trying to get me back at me, that only works if you use the quotes correctly and you are not...

Even though I still disagree with your assessment, this is the nicest I've seen you treated me since I've been on this site.  So I'll let you slide this time.  Hey, you never know where we might end up, but I'm still taken as I said in an earlier post.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

Even though I still disagree with your assessment, this is the nicest I've seen you treated me since I've been on this site.  So I'll let you slide this time.  Hey, you never know where we might end up, but I'm still taken as I said in an earlier post.

And this paragraph is why I dont give you respect on this site. I am asking for one thing and then you reply with this. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

biggamejames79 said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:

lol why are they arguing over Bulletstorm vs Killzone 3 both did poorly imo. 48 million users and only .5 million cared enough to buy it. and the same for bulletstorm maybe sony should invest some money into a game that will attract the number of people that Call of Duty does or Gears of war or Halo. Im tired of seeing 3 million copies sold for a exclusive ps3 game. 

That's what I've been saying, that if sony wants to overtake ms in total console sales, they need better exclusives that will actually sell 6 million plus like Halo and Gears.  They have some great games like Uncharted and Infamous, but neither of those have sold enough to be considered serious console movers.

Nothings going to happen if they do overtake MS. Games like Halo or Gears won't magicly come to PS3. They won't win an award of prize or anything.

Jay520 said:
biggamejames79 said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:

lol why are they arguing over Bulletstorm vs Killzone 3 both did poorly imo. 48 million users and only .5 million cared enough to buy it. and the same for bulletstorm maybe sony should invest some money into a game that will attract the number of people that Call of Duty does or Gears of war or Halo. Im tired of seeing 3 million copies sold for a exclusive ps3 game. 

That's what I've been saying, that if sony wants to overtake ms in total console sales, they need better exclusives that will actually sell 6 million plus like Halo and Gears.  They have some great games like Uncharted and Infamous, but neither of those have sold enough to be considered serious console movers.

Nothing's going to happen if they do overtake MS. Games like Halo or Gears won't magicly come to PS3.  They won't win an award of prize or anything. 

DP

AussieGecko said:

360 is kind of weird in that way, I don't know why the attach rates are damn good. Yes PS3 software sales are coming closer (an sometimes notching the 360) but for games in comparisons they do damn well on the 360. 

It has to do with the userbase. A game catered to Americans (shooters for example) will sell better on XBox. A game catered to Europeans (Racers for example) or Japan (JRPS for example) will sell better on Playstation.

AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

And this paragraph is why I dont give you respect on this site. I am asking for one thing and then you reply with this. Absolutely ridiculous. 

When I first signed up on this site, you accused me of being a stealth troll.  Then you constantly called me a hypocrite.  And then you later back tracked by implying I was a troll, but not a stealthy one.  All this while stalking me because you keep coming at me with these accusations.  And no hard feelings from me yet you still hold these anger issues against me when the worst I've done to you was kid around.

Dude, lighten up.  Life it too short to be angry over nothing.