By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
dsister said:
ethomaz said:

"3DS was the worst launch for a Nintendo handheld ever"

Someone confirme that? I know it below DS and GBA.

Didn't they sell all they shipped?  

30k still on shelves. And the demand wasn't that higher than those 370k sold apparently.

Around the Network

Why is there 100.1% on the front page when you add the home consoles together?

NYANKS said:

Teh doomz dude, teh doomz.

NYANKS said:

Rounding error. Wii is actually 45.95% (rounded up to 46%), Xbox 360 is 28.07% (rounded up to 28.1%) and PS3 is 25.96% (rounded up to 26%)

M.U.G.E.N said:
Michael-5 said:

Wow PSP had a lot of debuts this week in Japan, I guess to offset 3DS's popularity? Still impressive numbers for 3DS, sucks how it's already in shortage, and good numbers for Killzone 3 as well.  expected PS3 to come noticably head of 360 this week, but I didn't expect all consoles to jump in sales.

lol really where? how many did you count?

Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity, SD Gundam Wing G Generation World, some game I can't spell, Vitamin X to Z, another game I can't spell, and... WTH!!! a PS2 debut?!?!?!?

5 PSP games is quite a bit, 3DS only launched with 8 and 1 didn't make the top 40.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Michael-5 said:

Wow PSP had a lot of debuts this week in Japan, I guess to offset 3DS's popularity? Still impressive numbers for 3DS, sucks how it's already in shortage, and good numbers for Killzone 3 as well.  expected PS3 to come noticably head of 360 this week, but I didn't expect all consoles to jump in sales.

Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity, SD Gundam Wing G Generation World, some game I can't spell, Vitamin X to Z, another game I can't spell, and... WTH!!! a PS2 debut?!?!?!?

5 PSP games is quite a bit, 3DS only launched with 8 and 1 didn't make the top 40.

Strategic planning? lol

Wait, I just looked it up, but Killzone 3 opening week sales are below Killzone 2. That kind of sucks.

Killzone 2 - 756k

Killzone 3 - 530k

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

NYANKS said:
Michael-5 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Michael-5 said:

Strategic planning? lol

Not one game is Sony. I bet if they released the game before 3DS release then all hype would be killed by the 3DS, and they probably wanted to take advantage of the higher volume of people coming into the store to check out the 3DS.

NYANKS said:

Rounded numbers... more decimal digits:

Wii: 45.9874%
360: 28.0579%
PS3: 25.9548%

Total: 100%

Front page rounded to:

Wii: 46.0%
360: 28.1%
PS3: 26.0%

Total: 100.1%

Michael-5 said:

Wait, I just looked it up, but Killzone 3 opening week sales are below Killzone 2. That kind of sucks.

Killzone 2 - 756k

Killzone 3 - 530k

That's what we've been talking about.  It's not great, but I think it will have good legs, like most.  Killzone 2's hype was much greater, and 3 had to deal with the PR hit that was the "heavy" controls of 2, as Reasonable said before.