By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GDC ~ Nintendo's Conference.

So the new Mario shows a mini-Mario, which is the first time he's shown up in a 3D game.   There's also no health bar in sight.  I'm wondering, does this mean the game will have the two-hit life system of the 2D games?  And if so, does that imply that the games will feature the smaller, but more tight, levels of the 2D games, but in a 3D environment?  I'm imagining something along the lines of the challenge levels of Sunshine.  That'd be cool...

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Video for those wanting it!

That 25th aniversary logo is so awesome

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Pretty good keynote address, with added announcements. 

noname2200 said:

So the new Mario shows a mini-Mario, which is the first time he's shown up in a 3D game.   There's also no health bar in sight.  I'm wondering, does this mean the game will have the two-hit life system of the 2D games?  And if so, does that imply that the games will feature the smaller, but more tight, levels of the 2D games, but in a 3D environment?  I'm imagining something along the lines of the challenge levels of Sunshine.  That'd be cool...

Remember the health bar disappears when you're at full health in like every 3D Mario

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:

Remember the health bar disappears when you're at full health in like every 3D Mario

Quit ruining my dreams, and just focus on the part that makes me most hopeful, mini-Mario!

Around the Network
Galaki said:
Zlejedi said:

Their goal is to bring together as much software as possible, because quantity is how they profit. The value of software does not matter to them.

Bold words considering amount of showelware on Wii and DS

To be fair, it's 3rd parties mainly at fault here and their "test games".

It's 3rd party fault on smartphones too ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

noname2200 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Quit ruining my dreams, and just focus on the part that makes me most hopeful, mini-Mario!

Here's a picture for everyone!

And ruining dreams is kinda my thing, but I do like the idea of mini Mario 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

noname2200 said:

The FLUDD-less segments of Sunshine were the first thought that came to mind when I saw those screens.

Hype.

Also, there's more "?" and brick blocks in this one than I remember seeing in other 3D games.  Additionally, all four shots have the camera at a similar angle.  I wonder, perhaps the game isn't completely open 3D, but something more in the vein of the corridor segments in Other M?

MaxwellGT2000 said:
noname2200 said:

It's also likely that they have the HUD turned off for those pictures.