By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wii obsolete? Pach has the answer!

Alright I love to always poke fun at Pachter but his recent Pach Attack proves he's not entirely off all the time. Pachter gets asked in his most recent Pach Attack, is the Wii obsolete. Pachter mentions Move (WiiHD) but in the end he comes to Nintendo's defence.

The question posed to Pachter.

"With the release of the Playstation Move and Kinect, hasn't the Wii become "obsolete" now? Do you think I should wait for the Wii price cut and still buy it, or should I pass the Wii completely and just wait for the Wii2?"

"I think that obsolete is probably an over statement", "If you want to play Nintendo games the Wii will never be obsolete"! Pachter goes on to say Wii2 will probably be backwards compatable. Of course Mr.Pachter goes on to predict Wii2 at E3 2011 as he has for years. "Kinect is certainly not a Wii killer"

With all his talk about WiiHD and Move its suprising to hear him staunchly saying the Wii is not obsolete. Anyone else suprised to hear him saying that? Not that I disagree because I totally don't think the Wii is obsolete. What about you do you agree with Pachter?

The episode in question below.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Pachter tells it as he sees it. You may not agree with it, but thats life. Nintendo may come out with a WIi 2 at E3 but who can really tell? At this point it is really up in the air as to what their overall objectives may or may not be. It certainly wouldn't hurt them if they had one lined up for March 2012.

Tease.

He has not predicted Wii 2 for years, he has predicted Wii HD and it was/is a concrete possibility. This time I agree with him, for some people the Wii could look terribly obsolate and sales prove this. Nintendo is not in a good position: what if they release a console without sufficient support, PS3 and 360 continue selling 'till 2013-2014 and the new consoles are too powerful and news for Wii 2 to survive? But surely going with these kind of sales, mainly software sales, without the possibility to sell games except Nintendo games or during holidays, doesn't look a good choice.

Personally I think we'll see a news hardware at the E3, just like Wii launched 12 months after the DS, Wii 2 will launch 12 months after the 3DS and will be revealed there.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

FALSE! This is clearly edited, there is no way he would say something like that.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Beuli2 said:

FALSE! This is clearly edited, there is no way he would say something like that.

So true

However, I expect maybe an announcement this year (before E3?) and a release early next (so around April-May)

Or, at least a re-design...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Pachter changes his mind every time he speaks.

fixed

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I can't believe it.  I agree with everything that he said.

Either he's getting a lot smarter or I'm getting stupid.  Or maybe I'm getting smarter and he was always smart...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Wii isn't obsolete. It's overpriced.

The Wii is even in trouble? First I heard of it.

No its not doing that well, but that doesn't mean its in trouble, the world isn't black and white, everything has a grey area.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

The Wii is even in trouble? First I heard of it.

No its not doing that well, but that doesn't mean its in trouble, the world isn't black and white, everything has a grey area.

Really now?