By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wii obsolete? Pach has the answer!

Pachter saying the Wii is not obsolete is all the proof I need to consider it obsolete. Whatever he says is always the opposite of true after all.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)
Around the Network

The current software drought doesn't bode well for Wii, but then again the first half of this year for home consoles is pretty light altogether aside from Killzone 3 and LBP2

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Personally, I don't think the wii is as obsolete as a lot of you say it is and your just saying that in response to the lack of any news regarding new wii games. In my opinion this lack of information about new wii games has to do with nintendo keeping a tight lid on everything until the 3DS has been released and has acheived its own momentum. although a great number of 3rd parties have abandoned the wii in these last few months Nintendo has never really had the support of 3rd parties in the first place and so I just have to say good riddance.

Wii has better motion controlled games that Kinect and Move blatantly copied.

The wii is obesolite though, Nintendo isn't going to support it much either, they will be focusing on the 3DS for a year or two then release the next console which I doubt will even be motion control for the main 

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:

FALSE! This is clearly edited, there is no way he would say something like that.

I watched it. He said all that stuff.

I think that announcing a new console might take the spotlight from 3DS' first E3. A redesign of some sort for Wii would be my guess - and hope!

Sounds perfectly reasonable... except for the "fellow-babies" thing.

Snesboy said:
Beuli2 said:

FALSE! This is clearly edited, there is no way he would say something like that.

I watched it. He said all that stuff.

It's obvious it was just an hologram with edited parts of several quotes from him.

Above: still the best game of the year.

DélioPT said:

I think that announcing a new console might take the spotlight from 3DS' first E3. A redesign of some sort for Wii would be my guess - and hope!

As I said in another thread a redesign is highly unlikely.

Why? Well the Wii is already about as small as they could make it, memory wise it could use more internal memory but Nintendo constantly says that the Wii has sufficient memory. What about HD, Nintendo has already said the next console will feature HD they have also downplayed the idea of an HD update for Wii. What more can Nintendo do to redesign the Wii? The thing is already a beautiful machine and their isn't much Nintendo could do to improve on it.

Don't forget the Wii was announced at E3 2005 the year after DS launched in late 2004 early 2005. Then that E3 (2005) Nintendo announced project Revolution. With the controller being unvieled at TGS 2005. I suspect Nintendo may do this again, avoid taking thunder away from 3DS while re-assuring consumers a new console is on the way.

Of course I could be wrong Nintendo might do a big unvieling which I would be all over. But I'm pretty positive that the new console will be announced formally this year whether at E3 or later in the year. I still predict a winter launch in 2012.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer