By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The DS will outsell the 3DS in 2011

Alby_da_Wolf said:
fwap said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
fwap said:

^ False advertising

You claimed that was an actual article, whereas it's just one of those Malstrom failstorms.

Actually Malstrom even raises many sensible objections, but after that he almost always totally fails as for him the obvious consequence from something being wrong is that the right way can only be the one that follows his personal tastes. He's good at error detection but not correction.   

I refuse to accept anything you say, as your last post compared the PS2/PS3 situation to the DS/3DS!

Best seller behemot predecessor vs successor horribly priced at launch, aren't they similar?   

A PS3 Marketing & price & sales catastrophe VS a 3DS marketing & price & sales success.

Not seeing it myself.

Just because the 3DS isn't cheap, does not mean it's insulting like the PS3 was.

And the PS3 had more problems than just its price.

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Best seller behemot predecessor vs successor horribly priced at launch, aren't they similar?   

PSP Go was horribly priced, the 3DS is just priced.

C'mon, $250 for a portable is not a price many will be ready to pay. Early adopters will buy it anyway, but how many are they? EU price is even worse, BTW, as 259€ is a lot higher than $249 (US list price excluding sales taxes) plus 20% VAT. And PSP Go failed, so its example shouldn't be followed in any of its controversial aspects.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

fwap said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
fwap said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
fwap said:

^ False advertising

You claimed that was an actual article, whereas it's just one of those Malstrom failstorms.

Actually Malstrom even raises many sensible objections, but after that he almost always totally fails as for him the obvious consequence from something being wrong is that the right way can only be the one that follows his personal tastes. He's good at error detection but not correction.   

I refuse to accept anything you say, as your last post compared the PS2/PS3 situation to the DS/3DS!

A PS3 Marketing & price & sales catastrophe VS a 3DS marketing & price & sales success.

Not seeing it myself.

Just because the 3DS isn't cheap, does not mean it's insulting like the PS3 was.

And the PS3 had more problems than just its price.

Don't forget they got other similarities: latest hi-tech features, a "3" in their names  , available in black since launch... Everything suggests that 3DS too will enjoy a certain degree of success, but quite later in its life.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
alfredofroylan said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

PSP Go was horribly priced, the 3DS is just priced.

C'mon, $250 for a portable is not a price many will be ready to pay. Early adopters will buy it anyway, but how many are they? EU price is even worse, BTW, as 259€ is a lot higher than $249 (US list price excluding sales taxes) plus 20% VAT. And PSP Go failed, so its example shouldn't be followed in any of its controversial aspects.

This Sorry Ninty not happening no matter how much I enjoy your games.

3DS will double DS sales in 2011.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:

Want to bet? Like, let's say, your dead uncle's bones avatar and sig control for 1 month?

Above: still the best game of the year.

Beuli2 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Want to bet? Like, let's say, your dead uncle's bones avatar and sig control for 1 month?

Oh....snap.  *the streets clear with Beuli2 and Sound of Rain standing face to face, tumbleweed rolls past*

Shit just got real.

*Sound Of Rain said:

You been drinking some of that juice?

Beuli2 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

I don't exactly like betting for prizes...I would take the bet just to see who is right though. Reason isn't so much as because I don't want people to control my stuff but I don't like taking other people's LOL. Even if I won the bet you listed I would let you do what you want.

RolStoppable said:

I don't think I have posted in this thread before, but right now I think that the DS has the better chances to come out on top. I guess it's going to sell around 15m units this year which is by no means easy to top for any system in its first year on the market. It really depends on Nintendo's big holiday title for the 3DS which we should know about by E3's time.

The reasoning laid out in the original post is generally sound, except for one point: The E3 curse. That one is just not true. In 2006 the Wii got the buzz and you know how that turned out. In 2008 and 2009 the Wii certainly didn't have any buzz anymore. At least you got 2010 right, but that still doesn't change the fact that there is no visible E3 curse pattern.

The E3 curse only affects post 2007 E3 announcements.

Above: still the best game of the year.