By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The DS will outsell the 3DS in 2011

Beuli2 said:

Well said, but it seems my word and facts are not enough to proove some people, but time is a better teacher than anything. Bu the year's end, I'll be demanding an apology thread, pretty much like toastboy.

And by half of next generation, everybody will say how the Iwhatever or smartphones have affected the handheld market, despite being Nintendo's own fault for causing the 3DS doom. Just wait and see, I'm gonna bookmark this prediction for years just to say that I adviced you guys.

Did you actually read my post? 

You said that a lot of people are just saying 3DS>DS without giving reasons...I gave reasons but you have yet to comment on my post...is it because you know that my reasoning actually makes since LOL?

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
Beuli2 said:

Well said, but it seems my word and facts are not enough to proove some people, but time is a better teacher than anything. Bu the year's end, I'll be demanding an apology thread, pretty much like toastboy.

And by half of next generation, everybody will say how the Iwhatever or smartphones have affected the handheld market, despite being Nintendo's own fault for causing the 3DS doom. Just wait and see, I'm gonna bookmark this prediction for years just to say that I adviced you guys.

You said that a lot of people are just saying 3DS>DS without giving reasons...I gave reasons but you have yet to comment on my post...is it because you know that my reasoning actually makes since LOL?

I didn't say I didn't agree with your post. This post was more my fanboish side that possesses me at random intervals, so this post was to be what I truly believe without using facts or thinking sanely. Having multiple personalities is much more fun than it sounds, believe me.

Above: still the best game of the year.

right now DS >> everyone else, so yeah it could happen

It makes sense too... Consoles don't sell their best in their first year - Also, it's highly unlikely that DS sales are going to drop off drastically in just a year, kinda like how it was with the PS2

DS doesn't stand a chance.

Think for yourself, question authority

abroZ said:

Doomed for Sure!

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Beuli2 said:

I didn't say I didn't agree with your post. This post was more my fanboish side that possesses me at random intervals, so this post was to be what I truly believe without using facts or thinking sanely. Having multiple personalities is much more fun than it sounds, believe me.

LOL

Wait, why are people comparing the PS2/PS3 situation to the DS/3DS?

A large factor in the longevity of the PS2 is that the PS2 never had a worthy successor, the PS3 was that much of a catastrophe. So are the people expecting the DS to somehow sell more than the 3DS this year expecting the 3DS to be a catastrophe of similar proportions?

I haven't seen anyone able to provide a realistic scenario where the DS manages to outsell the 3DS YTD yet in this thread, barring some kind of massive 3DS manufacturing setback.

Beuli2 said:
abroZ said:

Doomed for Sure!

News: UK 3DS Pre-Orders Smash Wii Figure

Nintendo UK confirms pre-order numbers for the 3DS has soared past Wii levels...

On the eve of its release, it's been announced that UK pre-orders for Nintendo's 3DS have more than doubled those of the Wii console that launched to so much success back in 2006.

It had already been revealed last week that the glasses-free, 3D handheld had set the pre-order record for a new console at Amazon UK.

Nintendo UK's David Yarnton said that he anticipates this Friday will see more 3DS systems being sold to consumers than there were 3D televisions for the whole of 2010.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15164

edit: 3D TV sales were apprx. 130 000 in 2010 in the UK

Think for yourself, question authority

Weekly update of doom:

DS 2,538,559

3DS 749,276

I wonder how next weeks numbers will go. I predict it will sell about 1.400.000 (yes I know those are about the same as the supposed pre-orders)that week, but then it will start falling like a rock.

Beuli2 said:

Weekly update of doom:

DS 2,538,559

3DS 749,276

I wonder how next weeks numbers will go. I predict it will sell about 1.400.000 (yes I know those are about the same as the supposed pre-orders)that week, but then it will start falling like a rock.

LOL Beuli2 and your dynamic ways.  With the following weeks 3DS should be around 2.2 million just with its opening. After that you expect the DS to beat 3DS on weekly basis?