By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The DS will outsell the 3DS in 2011

dany612 said:
Beuli2 said:

Weekly update of doom:

DS 2,538,559

3DS 749,276

I wonder how next weeks numbers will go. I predict it will sell about 1.400.000 (yes I know those are about the same as the supposed pre-orders)that week, but then it will start falling like a rock.

LOL Beuli2 and your dynamic ways.  With the following weeks 3DS should be around 2.2 million just with its opening. After that you expect the DS to beat 3DS on weekly basis?

Of course I don't expect it to  outsell the 3DS in the first weeks, and it WILL pass the DS in year to date sales, but in like 3 months, let's see what the numbers are. Despite saying this, I'll bet there will be a lot of people claming I'm such a noob based on first month figures.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
dany612 said:
Beuli2 said:

Weekly update of doom:

DS 2,538,559

3DS 749,276

I wonder how next weeks numbers will go. I predict it will sell about 1.400.000 (yes I know those are about the same as the supposed pre-orders)that week, but then it will start falling like a rock.

LOL Beuli2 and your dynamic ways.  With the following weeks 3DS should be around 2.2 million just with its opening. After that you expect the DS to beat 3DS on weekly basis?

Of course I don't expect it to  outsell the 3DS in the first weeks, and it WILL pass the DS in year to date sales, but in like 3 months, let's see what the numbers are. Despite saying this, I'll bet there will be a lot of people claming I'm such a noob based on first month figures.

You are most probably right. The same happened to PS3 and PS2: when the predecessor is still healthy and the successor is quite expensive, it's just natural their sales go this way, some people's just got a very short memory. The same didn't happen to XB360 and XB or to Wii and GC because both XB and GC were already dying when their successors were launched (and moreover, Wii was quite affordable since launch).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

DS would have to sell tremendous amounts of hardware to catch up with 3DS launch weeks. Not going to happen.

Think for yourself, question authority

abroZ said:

DS would have to sell tremendous amounts of hardware to catch up with 3DS launch weeks. Not going to happen.

I have a very good eyesight you know, so writing small won't make you escape from my fury.

I think this article here points very well why I think not only the 3DS will be outsold by the DS in it's first year, but how it will be a major decline in sales compared to it's predecessor:

How the handheld gaming market was born

Around the Network

^ False advertising

You claimed that was an actual article, whereas it's just one of those Malstrom failstorms.

fwap said:

^ False advertising

You claimed that was an actual article, whereas it's just one of those Malstrom failstorms.

Actually Malstrom even raises many sensible objections, but after that he almost always totally fails as for him the obvious consequence from something being wrong is that the right way can only be the one that follows his personal tastes. He's good at error detection but not correction.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
fwap said:

^ False advertising

Actually Malstrom even raises many sensible objections, but after that he almost always totally fails as for him the obvious consequence from something being wrong is that the right way can only be the one that follows his personal tastes. He's good at error detection but not correction.   

I refuse to accept anything you say, as your last post compared the PS2/PS3 situation to the DS/3DS!

fwap said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
fwap said:

^ False advertising

I refuse to accept anything you say, as your last post compared the PS2/PS3 situation to the DS/3DS!

Best seller behemot predecessor vs successor horribly priced at launch, aren't they similar?   

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Best seller behemot predecessor vs successor horribly priced at launch, aren't they similar?   

PSP Go was horribly priced, the 3DS is just priced.