By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Carl2291 said:
tombi123 said:

The truth will be moderated? wtf.

It would be fine if it wasn't just used to wind people up.

That, and we can't truely say it is a statistical tie without knowing for sure of VGChartz rate of accuracy. Which we don't.

Winning is winning. 

No it's the other way round. You can't say which console sold more without knowing the error margins. And we know the error margins are roughly 10% anyway, hence statistical tie.

And no one should be wound up by someone accurately stating statistical ties.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
tombi123 said:

That, and we can't truely say it is a statistical tie without knowing for sure of VGChartz rate of accuracy. Which we don't.

Winning is winning. 

This.

Anyway I am really not interested in getting into this statistical tie discussion. Its been effing annoying, and many people agree with this.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Carl2291 said:
tombi123 said:

Winning is winning. 

The saying became more prevalent because bigger names in the site started using it more.  Now everyone keeps saying this crap.  However, it's hard to take someone praising a "win" seriously when it's just as likely to be true as untrue.  I guess it's just too much to ask for people to take the numbers as they are, and stop this "winning" and "tie" nonsense.  At this range they both are stupid.

tombi123 said:

No it's the other way round. You can't say which console sold more without knowing the error margins. And we know the error margins are roughly 10% anyway, hence statistical tie.

And no one should be wound up by someone accurately stating statistical ties.

Nobody should, but you know how these forums are...

It's annoying watching a thread decend into madness just because people refuse to admit that one console outsold another.

When/If PS3 outships or outsells the 360 will you seriously want to put up with "Statistical tie!" in every thread after?

ethomaz said:
Carl2291 said:
tombi123 said:

Winning is winning.

That true... the statistical tie in previous weeks became PS3 or Wii week after little adjustments.

I think that you would be a perfect person to do what I'm about to suggest. Since you are so on top of correcting the previous weeks numbers and letting everyone know about them, you should just create a thread that has updated, post adjusted numbers as they come in. This way you could get your rocks off while informing people that come to your threads. I'm being serious too.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
tombi123 said:

Winning is winning. 

This.

Anyway I am really not interested in getting into this statistical tie discussion. Its been effing annoying, and many people agree with this.

I have to disagree with you and carl. VGChartz data is not absolute and it can't be taken to a finite point. For example the last few weeks the PS3 and 360 have seen sales varying from like 3k to 8k apart. People called that a statistical tie which I agree with and people moaned that the 360 won because it was so and so ahead. Now re-look at last weeks sales, the PS3 got adjusted up and is now ahead by over 10k. It is a statisitcal tie no matter what way you look at it.

trasharmdsister12 said:
toadslayer72 said:

Lol, this thread is moving fast, everyone waiting and it's the weekend. Glad to see I'm not the only one tired of the the words statistical and tie.

I propose we change the words for two similar sounding words. Hmm... testicular pie. This week is a testicular pie.

I have only one thing to say to you.....THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

trasharmdsister12 said:
toadslayer72 said:

Lol, this thread is moving fast, everyone waiting and it's the weekend. Glad to see I'm not the only one tired of the the words statistical and tie.

I propose we change the words for two similar sounding words. Hmm... testicular pie. This week is a testicular pie.

Might get a little hairy.

trasharmdsister12 said:
toadslayer72 said:

I have only one thing to say to you.....THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!

SON OF A $#@%@!

Ok now I know it was you that I had that exchange with yesterday....LMAO.

Nitnendo to annoucne a special Zelda bundle regarding it'sd 25th Anniversay, a gold wii with Skyward sword, WS and WSR, for $170, then Wii shall gather some ground back.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d