By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Uberkiffer said:

I really don't care who is winning what, but it amazes me how many comments are backhanded insults at the 360 and its American fanbase. Too many folks in here think that the Americas are apprantly blindingly following the 360 simply because its based out of the US, and not Japan. To all of those fanboys, have you ever considered that maybe the 360's EMEAA sales may be higher if Microsoft had been in the console business for nearly 20 years and had opportunities to establish their brand across more of the globe?  I feel that 360 sales would be even higher if MS had Sonys sales pipelines in place; and that just makes me wonder what backhanded compliments would be issued then.

Let people make up crap about us Americans all they want. The real reason the 360 dominates is because it had the year head start and people loved live so they bought the console to play with their friends. Plus a cheaper price sure is nice.

Around the Network
toadslayer72 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr.Metralha said:
aavidbacon said:
Mr.Metralha said:

Funny how people didn't bother with the statistical tie talk when the Wii was on top =)

After 4 years, people still need to label 1st, 2nd and 3rd, like that is gonna change who's the market leader this gen.

It´s because when a console is 100k in front, at least, is just silly talk...

So, which console is 100K in front this week? 

you're missing the point he is making. If a console is having a lead of like 100k (actually even around 20k should be enough imo) it's not a statistical tie. Hence when wii had such a lead over HD consoles, no need to bring in that term into a discussion at all, wii had clearly won. So it was a good thing, why you're so worked up over it I don't understand

I think his original point is being missed. I think what he was saying initially was that no one gave a shit about there being a statistical tie for second place. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Yeah I got that too, but back then it wasn´t so common sales this big for the HD twins and a difference so small. When PS3 was doing 100k a week, a 10 k differencve was enough to set a winner.

I even remember a bet LeoJ did that PS3 wasn´t going bellow 120 k all year and people doubted.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

seems like Wii is no more leading, but the difference is negligible, could even be statistical error   : P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Conegamer said:
4k1x3r said:

Yep. I bolded the best selling, and underlined the lowest in each area.

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total
America
Japan
Total Others

And: if we take Japan out: Wii > PS3 > X360.

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

If we take Americas out: PS3 > Wii > X360.

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

If finally, without EMEAA: Wii > X360 > PS3.

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

Eventhough PS3 > Wii in EMEAA and Japan, Wii is still ahead, shows how PS3 slaes are disappointing in America.

You're a 

Also, it's amazing just how one weak area can affect the outcome. 360 is weak in Japan, PS3 is weak(er) in America, but Wii is pretty consistent all round, and that's reflected in the overall outcome.

Likely a PSWii year this year IMO. I've said it before, with a weak Japan and non-english speaking countries 360 cannot be on top for long periods of time. It just can't lose that many sales IMO...

I knew I should have studied to become an analyst. :p

Well what you said is true, consistent sales for the Wii helped it quite a bit.

chocoloco said:
Uberkiffer said:

I really don't care who is winning what, but it amazes me how many comments are backhanded insults at the 360 and its American fanbase. Too many folks in here think that the Americas are apprantly blindingly following the 360 simply because its based out of the US, and not Japan. To all of those fanboys, have you ever considered that maybe the 360's EMEAA sales may be higher if Microsoft had been in the console business for nearly 20 years and had opportunities to establish their brand across more of the globe?  I feel that 360 sales would be even higher if MS had Sonys sales pipelines in place; and that just makes me wonder what backhanded compliments would be issued then.

Let people make up crap about us Americans all they want. The real reason the 360 dominates is because it had the year head start and people loved live so they bought the console to play with their friends. Plus a cheaper price sure is nice.

Here is your typical American pop culture...

No one is making up anything, pal.  

And I'm a United States citizen since birth.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
chocoloco said:
Uberkiffer said:

Wow bro , I think you revealed alot about yourself today. :)    Put down the Samuel Adams you might embaress us all !!!

chocoloco said:
LivingMetal said:
chocoloco said:
Uberkiffer said:

Wow bro , I think you revealed alot about yourself today. :)    Put down the Samuel Adams you might embaress us all !!!

failblog.org.

Awesome site.

Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

Also, in a polite way, can someone, please explain to me...

WHY IS THE WII DOOMED???

dunno (the word, not the mod), usually nintendo fans say that, might as well ask them :P

Awesome post MUGEN-San (wanted to call you sama here but we have reserved that for just Kojima rite?)

Anyway no-one in this thread. Last year the people calling Wii doomed were hardly much in numbers and weren't very reliable posters (and okey-dokey was joking when he kept saying "Wii is finished" last year). Oh and I am using the actual definition of doom here as saying Wii has poor sales does not equal doomed, relative to past Wii sales its a opinion that can be argued to carry much weight.

They aren't saying "Wii is d00med" anymore, because you can get banned for it (ask Chibi)

But, there is a lot of things like:

"360-Nice

PS3-Good

Wii-Erm...despreately needs a price-cut IMO"

May not be so prolific in this thread, but in other, similar threads, it's been a very clear pattern...

But how does any of that lead to mean Wii is doomed.

People are only saying that as Wii is down YOY by A LOT, so a price cut should stabilise things.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

LivingMetal said:
chocoloco said:
LivingMetal said:
chocoloco said:
Uberkiffer said:

failblog.org.

Awesome site.

Looking up now beaver fever!!!

Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

Also, in a polite way, can someone, please explain to me...

WHY IS THE WII DOOMED???

dunno (the word, not the mod), usually nintendo fans say that, might as well ask them :P

Awesome post MUGEN-San (wanted to call you sama here but we have reserved that for just Kojima rite?)

Anyway no-one in this thread. Last year the people calling Wii doomed were hardly much in numbers and weren't very reliable posters (and okey-dokey was joking when he kept saying "Wii is finished" last year). Oh and I am using the actual definition of doom here as saying Wii has poor sales does not equal doomed, relative to past Wii sales its a opinion that can be argued to carry much weight.

They aren't saying "Wii is d00med" anymore, because you can get banned for it (ask Chibi)

But, there is a lot of things like:

"360-Nice

PS3-Good

Wii-Erm...despreately needs a price-cut IMO"

May not be so prolific in this thread, but in other, similar threads, it's been a very clear pattern...

From what I've seen the majority of those type of comments are in Japanese sales threads, where it's true (well ok, maybe not so much in regards to 360).

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4