By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mr.Metralha said:

Funny how people didn't bother with the statistical tie talk when the Wii was on top =)

After 4 years, people still need to label 1st, 2nd and 3rd, like that is gonna change who's the market leader this gen.

It´s because when a console is 100k in front, at least, is just silly talk...

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:

Can we shut the fuck up with the statistical tie nonsense? ¬_¬

Let them carry on

I've complained to dunno

If it lasts 1 more week (next weeks WW Up thread) the word will be banned and/or the mention of it will be made limited through moderation action.

Wow you and other people sure are sensitive tothe reality of the situation.

aavidbacon said:
Mr.Metralha said:

Funny how people didn't bother with the statistical tie talk when the Wii was on top =)

After 4 years, people still need to label 1st, 2nd and 3rd, like that is gonna change who's the market leader this gen.

So, which console is 100K in front this week? 

Mr.Metralha said:
aavidbacon said:
Mr.Metralha said:

you're missing the point he is making. If a console is having a lead of like 100k (actually even around 20k should be enough imo) it's not a statistical tie. Hence when wii had such a lead over HD consoles, no need to bring in that term into a discussion at all, wii had clearly won. So it was a good thing, why you're so worked up over it I don't understand

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I really don't care who is winning what, but it amazes me how many comments are backhanded insults at the 360 and its American fanbase. Too many folks in here think that the Americas are apprantly blindingly following the 360 simply because its based out of the US, and not Japan. To all of those fanboys, have you ever considered that maybe the 360's EMEAA sales may be higher if Microsoft had been in the console business for nearly 20 years and had opportunities to establish their brand across more of the globe?  I feel that 360 sales would be even higher if MS had Sonys sales pipelines in place; and that just makes me wonder what backhanded compliments would be issued then.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

Also, in a polite way, can someone, please explain to me...

WHY IS THE WII DOOMED???

dunno (the word, not the mod), usually nintendo fans say that, might as well ask them :P

Awesome post MUGEN-San (wanted to call you sama here but we have reserved that for just Kojima rite?)

Anyway no-one in this thread. Last year the people calling Wii doomed were hardly much in numbers and weren't very reliable posters (and okey-dokey was joking when he kept saying "Wii is finished" last year). Oh and I am using the actual definition of doom here as saying Wii has poor sales does not equal doomed, relative to past Wii sales its a opinion that can be argued to carry much weight.

They aren't saying "Wii is d00med" anymore, because you can get banned for it (ask Chibi)

But, there is a lot of things like:

"360-Nice

PS3-Good

Wii-Erm...despreately needs a price-cut IMO"

May not be so prolific in this thread, but in other, similar threads, it's been a very clear pattern...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

4k1x3r said:
Conegamer said:
4k1x3r said:
LivingMetal said:
Nsanity said:
LivingMetal said:
Reach said:

Xbox 360 in its 6 year putting numbers like that is amazing.

Before the adjustments.  

Wishful thinking.

Why is it wishful?  It seems every time numbers are reported on this site, there are adjustments to the contrary soon after.  In fact, the PS3 outsold the Xbox 360 for the month of January after adjustments.  Just saying.

Yep

Console PS3 X360
Total
America
Japan
Total Others

And those who say "X360 is outselling PS3 if we don't count Japan, Japan is saving the PS3" Well, whatever, Japan is just pulling PS3 even more above X360.

Console PS3 X360
Total Without Japan

But because people still claim there are shortages, let's wait next month. x)

O.o

That's close man. Same throughout year maybe?

Can you add the Wii to this as well please? That'd be awesome

Yep. I bolded the best selling, and underlined the lowest in each area.

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total
America
Japan
Total Others

And: if we take Japan out: Wii > PS3 > X360.

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

If we take Americas out: PS3 > Wii > X360.

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

If finally, without EMEAA: Wii > X360 > PS3.

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

Eventhough PS3 > Wii in EMEAA and Japan, Wii is still ahead, shows how PS3 slaes are disappointing in America.

You're a 

Also, it's amazing just how one weak area can affect the outcome. 360 is weak in Japan, PS3 is weak(er) in America, but Wii is pretty consistent all round, and that's reflected in the overall outcome.

Likely a PSWii year this year IMO. I've said it before, with a weak Japan and non-english speaking countries 360 cannot be on top for long periods of time. It just can't lose that many sales IMO...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr.Metralha said:
aavidbacon said:
Mr.Metralha said:

you're missing the point he is making. If a console is having a lead of like 100k (actually even around 20k should be enough imo) it's not a statistical tie. Hence when wii had such a lead over HD consoles, no need to bring in that term into a discussion at all, wii had clearly won. So it was a good thing, why you're so worked up over it I don't understand

I think his original point is being missed. I think what he was saying initially was that no one gave a shit about there being a statistical tie for second place. At least that's how I interpreted it.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Mr.Metralha said:
aavidbacon said:
Mr.Metralha said:

I was refering to the time Wii was in front, when there was no sense debating about a statistical tie, since the differences were huge among Wii and the others.

Now all the 3 are more or less tied.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr.Metralha said:
aavidbacon said:
Mr.Metralha said:

This.

Since VGChartz themselves say a 10% margin of error. In this case it would need to have a 20-21k difference for it not to be a statistical tie.