By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

Also, in a polite way, can someone, please explain to me...

WHY IS THE WII DOOMED???

dunno (the word, not the mod), usually nintendo fans say that, might as well ask them :P

I think, or at least expect, Nintendo says that in an ironic way though.

Who's betting it'll still be the best-selling this year?

I reckon 3DS will raise Wii sales, and lower other consoles sales. Due to having backing from Nintendo, people will see it and think "I want one for the house as well" and get a Wii, which will be priced similarly in a similar area. Could be wrong, but it's possible...

Interesting year, that's for sure!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

The same week the Kinect assisted sales team was reduced, sales of Kinect hardware dropped 30 percent.  I thought it might take until the end of the month to do so.  But, what was a pretty immediate impact on sales right there.  Though, i'm sure the superbowl had something to do with it.  The next few weeks should see continued sales weakness in the Kinect, xbox software, and hardware as the sales team specialized in selling all of these things.

Conegamer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

WHY IS THE WII DOOMED???

dunno (the word, not the mod), usually nintendo fans say that, might as well ask them :P

I reckon 3DS will raise Wii sales, and lower other consoles sales. Due to having backing from Nintendo, people will see it and think "I want one for the house as well" and get a Wii, which will be priced similarly in a similar area. Could be wrong, but it's possible...

Surely wrong IMO.

It's nice to see these ties every week.

Conegamer said:
4k1x3r said:
LivingMetal said:
Nsanity said:
LivingMetal said:
Reach said:

Xbox 360 in its 6 year putting numbers like that is amazing.

Before the adjustments.  

Wishful thinking.

Why is it wishful?  It seems every time numbers are reported on this site, there are adjustments to the contrary soon after.  In fact, the PS3 outsold the Xbox 360 for the month of January after adjustments.  Just saying.

Yep

Console PS3 X360
Total
America
Japan
Total Others

And those who say "X360 is outselling PS3 if we don't count Japan, Japan is saving the PS3" Well, whatever, Japan is just pulling PS3 even more above X360.

Console PS3 X360
Total Without Japan

But because people still claim there are shortages, let's wait next month. x)

O.o

That's close man. Same throughout year maybe?

Can you add the Wii to this as well please? That'd be awesome

What would be a VERY good idea.

The numbers probably will get adjusted at some point to what they really are, this is just for fun because nothing here will actually stay this way once better data comes out.

Tease.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

WHY IS THE WII DOOMED???

could go either way, I think it's gonna harm wii sales and support for wii from Ninty. Time will tell.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

WHY IS THE WII DOOMED???

Awesome post MUGEN-San (wanted to call you sama here but we have reserved that for just Kojima rite?)

Anyway no-one in this thread. Last year the people calling Wii doomed were hardly much in numbers and weren't very reliable posters (and okey-dokey was joking when he kept saying "Wii is finished" last year). Oh and I am using the actual definition of doom here as saying Wii has poor sales does not equal doomed, relative to past Wii sales its a opinion that can be argued to carry much weight.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

WHY IS THE WII DOOMED???

Awesome post MUGEN-San (wanted to call you sama here but we have reserved that for just Kojima rite?)

Anyway no-one in this thread. Last year the people calling Wii doomed were hardly much in numbers and weren't very reliable posters (and okey-dokey was joking when he kept saying "Wii is finished" last year). Oh and I am using the actual definition of doom here as saying Wii has poor sales does not equal doomed, relative to past Wii sales its a opinion that can be argued to carry much weight.

Agreed Darth-San!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Nintendogamer said:

Nitnendo to annoucne a special Zelda bundle regarding it'sd 25th Anniversay, a gold wii with Skyward sword, WS and WSR, for $170, then Wii shall gather some ground back.

So they are going to drop the price and add their #1 release for the year to the bundle. I think it is suffice to say Nintendo will make more money if they simply keep price and bundle as is rather than do what you are thinking.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

M.U.G.E.N said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

WHY IS THE WII DOOMED???

Agreed Darth-San!

Dude "darth" is already a title!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey