Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can GTA 4 tip the balance of the PS3/Xbox 360 console war in favor of Xbox?

@Blade

Microsoft will have the largest boost, and ps3 Hardware will drop.

I know for certain they will cut the price of the X360 by
$100.00 a couple of weeks before GTA 4 releases.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
@Blade

PS3 hardware will DROP?Even IF ms use a price cut before GTA4 theres no way PS3 hardware will drop when its released, at least for 2 weeks. Thats basically saying no ones gonna buy the game for the PS3.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

@Blade

I said Hardware will drop not software.

mM
leo-j said:
@Blade

I said Hardware will drop not software.

I know you did, but saying the hardware will drop is tantamount to saying its not gonna sell at all on the PS3. Its just a statement that makes no sense. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

eugene said:
To say that is also denying the magnitude of this game. This game is a system seller and is gonna probably out sell Halo 3 2-1 even if it was exclusive. Its like saying one version of Halo 3 has less maps than the other. Its a big deal only because of the magnitude of the game. I can see this game selling 17 million units in its life time across both systems. How many games can you say will sell that much?

I think your absolutely right eugene, this is big because sales of this game when released are likely to at least two thirds higher on 360 from the git go and then the episodic content will cause people on the fence to tip toward the 360. I know at least 5 people who brought this game and a PS2 to go with it a long time ago. The 360 will also be cheaper and by that time may even have another price cut, if Microsoft wants to put the nail in the coffin. I think Take 2 will make another billion dollars by putting the extra content on disc by Christmas 2008. 

Around the Network

MS made a system that was too weak this gen and games are suffering, Halo3 was a bust, the game sucked for the most part. Now its just time for MS to screw the PS3 owners over by forcing R* to make the game the same on each system.

You people are crazy. The 360 has nothing else on the agenda, the huge titles toughted since launch are out, sales are steady but theres not much left on the radar that isnt on both systems. The PS3 on the other hand, has experianced a huge boost due to the price drops, when this starts to stabilize in February, the hype of MGS4 will begin boosting sales again. GTAIV will just compliment the exclusive releases on the PS3. When FFXIII and GT5 come out for next christmas, PS3 will surpass the 360. Third Party Developers will have figured out the programming (with the help of Sonys First Party Teams) and the war will be over.

There is no *new* episodic content. They originally announced 2 episodes and we now know one will arrive in fiscal '08 and the other in '09. The thing I want to know is whether they will be developed by Rockstar North or one of the other R* studios.

leo-j said:
@Blade

Its traditional to only say "I know for certain" when you actually know something for certain.

You people are crazy. The 360 has nothing else on the agenda, the huge titles toughted since launch are out, sales are steady but theres not much left on the radar that isnt on both systems. The PS3 on the other hand, has experianced a huge boost due to the price drops, when this starts to stabilize in February, the hype of MGS4 will begin boosting sales again. GTAIV will just compliment the exclusive releases on the PS3. When FFXIII and GT5 come out for next christmas, PS3 will surpass the 360. Third Party Developers will have figured out the programming (with the help of Sonys First Party Teams) and the war will be over.

You overestimate the impact MGS will have. Its really not a mainstream game by any stretch of the imagination, and the series has been in something of a decline.

Also, when you say "win the war" you just aren't including the Wii, right? 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Griffin said:
MS made a system that was too weak this gen and games are suffering, Halo3 was a bust, the game sucked for the most part. Now its just time for MS to screw the PS3 owners over by forcing R* to make the game the same on each system.

Hello, class. This is a classic example of Sony fanboyism hard at work. Notice the lack of sources and the like - just a biased rant with absolutely no real value or meaning. Thanks for sharing!