By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Developer in the Industry

Atlus; by a mile.

Around the Network

Bethesda.

Blizzard, valve or Nintendo EAD

I LOVE ICELAND!

You ask me this a few years back and I probably would have easily said Bioware.  But after being disappointed with both Mass Effects, I can hardly even discuss them right now haha.  Oh Bioware, you could easily make it up to me with KOTOR 3 haha.  

Really with them out, it is hard for me to say which is my favorite developer.  Would throw in Nintendo EAD Group 3 (Zelda Team), Valve, Bungie, Platinum Games/Clover, and Naughty Dog.  Probably would end up between the first two though as they have been absolutely fantastic.  But all of these developers have been quite good over time and still currently.  

Nintendo and all its studio properties. It has made the best games ever and is credited for bringing gaming to its glory. Super Mario Bros showed the light to true 2D gamplay and Super Mario 64 for 3D perpective.  Super Mario is afterall the most well known video game icon in the world and it might be the most recognizable of any. Ocarina of Time has held a glory of being masterful and critically claimed as the best video game ever, and at that status also belongs to many Super Mario games. Sales wise it is also Nintendo. Super Mario franchise is the best selling and will remain like that forever, it seems. Then there is Pokemon who falls a bit short than the plummer but nonetheless a powerhouse indeed. Nintendo also brought in new gamers with Wii Fit franchise which will likely hit 40 million. 

If best in quality and sales than it's Nintendo.

But people have opinions, and most likely base it on their favorite franchise and what developer made it. 

Around the Network
Onibaka said:
Immortal said:

Game Freak, followed by Nintendo EAD.

Nothing can compare to Pokemon, obviously, and I don't see how a lot can be put on top of almost every other important Nintendo game.

IMO Gamefreak is one of the worst developers. I loved pokemon but the franchise didn't evolved.

Pokemon in 1996:

Pokemon in 2011:

They just put uncreative new monster instead of improving the game itself.

They certain are one of the most greedy developers. Slightly more than Activision. The fact is: they make A LOT of money and they don't reinvest that on the game itself. They could at least invest like 5% of the revenue that they get, instead of probably less than 1%.

I think that Nintendo could modernize Gamefreak a little more. What would be cool is if Nintendo made a spin-off Pokemon with a Third-Party dev like Level-5.

Another problem is the yearly releases for the franchise. A Pokemon game will never have the same personality and impact as the Blu/Red. It turned out to be a single-player experience instead of playing with friends.

IMO Nintendo should make only 1 pokemon X/Y for 3DS.

Is that really an image from Pokemon Black? It looks more like the Gameboy games and those are either nicknames or fake Pokemon. The games themselves have actually evolved quite a bit however if you're not into the competitive scene or collection scene you pass over all the new elements. I admit that I have long wanted the games to become more like a MMO and for the battle system to go real time ala Smash Bros style fighting. The main thing holding Pokemon games back are the platforms they appear on. I think the 3DS's most interesting game will be Pokemon because Gamefreak will finally have some decent horsepower to work with.

SCE Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Ready at Dawn ( best PSP devs IMO), Capcoms RE team ( yeah, I included it)...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Intelligent Systems or EAD. Probably the former.

Onibaka said:
Immortal said:

Game Freak, followed by Nintendo EAD.

Nothing can compare to Pokemon, obviously, and I don't see how a lot can be put on top of almost every other important Nintendo game.

IMO Gamefreak is one of the worst developers. I loved pokemon but the franchise didn't evolved.

Pokemon in 1996:

Pokemon in 2011:

They just put uncreative new monster instead of improving the game itself.

They certain are one of the most greedy developers. Slightly more than Activision. The fact is: they make A LOT of money and they don't reinvest that on the game itself. They could at least invest like 5% of the revenue that they get, instead of probably less than 1%.

I think that Nintendo could modernize Gamefreak a little more. What would be cool is if Nintendo made a spin-off Pokemon with a Third-Party dev like Level-5.

Another problem is the yearly releases for the franchise. A Pokemon game will never have the same personality and impact as the Blu/Red. It turned out to be a single-player experience instead of playing with friends.

IMO Nintendo should make only 1 pokemon X/Y for 3DS.

I agree with what 100% of what you're saying, but they give the spinoffs to Nintendo's bad developers (HAL, Chunsoft, Jupiter, Ambrella, NST, and Genius Sonority). And yes, I did just put HAL on that list.

If they got Intelligent Systems to do a main series game it would be awesome. They could use their Advance Wars/Fire Emblem/Paper Mario expertise.

hikaruchan said:
Mr Khan said:

EAD, Retro Studios, Sonic Team

SONIC TEAM you serous? 

Quite serious. Though the team is sadly diminished, their efforts go sadly underappreciated because a dedicated corps of haters keeps them down, and any team that created NiGHTS, Phantasy Star Online, and Sonic Adventure 2 (aka the second best game of all time barring only Metroid Prime) deserves accolades second only to the impeccably superior Nintendo

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.