By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Developer in the Industry

Naughty Dog is the best I've ever seen by far. Their Crash games were the best platformers and kart racer I have ever played and Uncharted 2 is the most exciting game I've ever played.

Around the Network
Heat said:

Naughty Dog is the best I've ever seen by far. Their Crash games were the best platformers and kart racer I have ever played and Uncharted 2 is the most exciting game I've ever played.

apart from uncharted 2 (havent played it) I agree with the sentiments :)

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Valve and Blizzard out of the current developers that still exist.

Lookin Glass Studios and Blask Isles RIP...

AussieGecko said:
Heat said:

apart from uncharted 2 (havent played it) I agree with the sentiments :)

No way!  I tried Crash Team Racing. It sucked so bad I couldn't bear it.

Alot of people told me it was like Mario kart and just as fun. They lied.

Play4Fun said:

No way!  I tried Crash Team Racing. It sucked so bad I couldn't bear it.

Alot of people told me it was like Mario kart and just as fun. They lied.

honestly I preferred it. Different gamestyle imo.

Crash was less last person blue shell and more if you are first and good you will kick arse

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
Onibaka said:

IMO Gamefreak is one of the worst developers. I loved pokemon but the franchise didn't evolved.

Pokemon in 1996:

Pokemon in 2011:

They just put uncreative new monster instead of improving the game itself.

They certain are one of the most greedy developers. Slightly more than Activision. The fact is: they make A LOT of money and they don't reinvest that on the game itself. They could at least invest like 5% of the revenue that they get, instead of probably less than 1%.

I think that Nintendo could modernize Gamefreak a little more. What would be cool is if Nintendo made a spin-off Pokemon with a Third-Party dev like Level-5.

Another problem is the yearly releases for the franchise. A Pokemon game will never have the same personality and impact as the Blu/Red. It turned out to be a single-player experience instead of playing with friends.

IMO Nintendo should make only 1 pokemon X/Y for 3DS.

All companies are greedy. That's the point. I don't see what the problem is with giving consumers what they want, though, even if it is more of the same. Honestly, the money you put in a game doesn't necessarily affect its quality, save for its graphics and whatnot, which most Pokemon fans couldn't care less about. Also, there's no point in fixing what isn't broken -- I, and more than 15 million people, love Pokemon as it is, and wouldn't want the main series to be convoluted. Nintendo has experimented with the Pokemon IP in varying degrees with different games and, in them, they do generally change things around. Whether they're good or not is up to your opinion (some of them are awesome), but the point is that the franchise definitely gets lots of innovative and interesting spin-offs.

As for just having a single game for the 3DS, are you saying that they should make less money and please fewer people? Something tells me that that's not the best of ideas.

P.S. Using an old fake game screenshot really isn't the best way to illustrate your point.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Sorry for the screenshot. I just put what was in the google images without proper search.

But what I'm saying is that they make more money than Gran Turismo but aren't able to make proper animations, decent sounds and make the game feel more real.

In the 3DS they could at least make the game feel like N64 game.

I think that a powerfull hardware can also improve the game in some ways....It's not just about graphics...Mario Galaxy wouldn't be possible on SNES.

Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:

Are we allowed to pick developers that no longer exist?

If so, then I would also like to add Black Isle to my list.

And on that note. I'm going to bed.

Black Isle.

Quest.

BioWare.

Double Fine.

Any development studio that Shinji Mikami has ever been attached to.

Team ICO.

But my top of the top, my king of the hill

Well, you guys already know it's Nintendo

Couldn't have said it better though I don't get into BioWare games... I do respect them though, just not my thing, I try as I might to get into KotoR, try as I might to not be bored playing Mass Effect, but I see the quality and care in their work, it's just not for me. 

I would add in any team Itoi has been attached to be it APE (now HAL) or Brownie Brown but I know you'd agree with that one as well.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Blizzard

Naughty Dog

Bethesda

Bioware

Team ICO

Bungie

Valve

RockStar

My Favorite is Bethesda.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

naughty dog.... they are LITTERALLY the best programmers...and have the best knowledge about technical stuff.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???