By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Developer in the Industry

Bioware because they make the best RPGs. Nintendo EAD because they make Mario and Zelda.

Around the Network
rmarier83 said:

I'm going by my opinion here, I love Japanese games so these two companies are tied with me:

Konami and Capcom

I would say the same actually. They used to make amazing games back in the days...

The Nintendo fanboy in me wants to say Nintendo though just because of Zelda.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

AussieGecko said:
NYANKS said:

Maybe there is just nothing significant you can do with the game without changing what it is.  I mean, why tamper with a perfect formula. From a sales standpoint of course.  I would love to see big changes once in a while, Black might perhaps deliver.

These days you have to. Yes I agree stay with your base etc etc but if we did there would be no smash bros no mario kart and no mario galaxy as mario would be stuck in his 2d side scrolling adventures.

You have to move with the times especially these days as more people are having shorter attention spans so a game that I used to play on Action 52 called Dino Tennis. Was fun once upon a time, people wouldnt these days.

Look at the reception of Sonic 4 ep1. People complained about it, though it is the closest to the Mega Drive days. Things have to change... and successfully. Sonic is a great 2D character which is why he hasn't exactly flourished in the new generations, and it is also why we havent seen a new alex the kid or wonder boy. They would look out of place. 

Another example Duke Nukem used to be a 2D scroller. That was a while ago, so was Metroid haha

I'm not sure, maybe the implementation just has to be good enough.  Maybe that Sonic just wasn't good enough, I heard it was floaty in it's mechanics a bit.  Look at NSMB Wii, that sells like a monster.  Then again, icons can sell even if the games are shit, so it's tough to say. lol

NYANKS said:

I'm not sure, maybe the implementation just has to be good enough.  Maybe that Sonic just wasn't good enough, I heard it was floaty in it's mechanics a bit.  Look at NSMB Wii, that sells like a monster.  Then again, icons can sell even if the games are shit, so it's tough to say. lol

Haha this is true. Look at some of the Crash and Spyro games on the ds... wtf...

Sonic is fast... 3D is not good for that, the XBOX's sonic was fun, you know the one where its like a crash bandicoot world and you have to kill things. It is the closest to a 3d Sonic that could have been successfull

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

nintendo by far

but did that video (the fps one) make anyone else uncomfortable? maybe im just a wuss but that was stright too real (i know its real video with game hud on it, but even then)

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

Around the Network

Nintendo, Blizzard, BioWare, Bethesda

honorable mentions go out to Valve, Bungie, Capcom, and Square Enix.

Bethesda makes Elder Scrolls and Fallout I can't think of any other that makes two games I love. Check that Naughty dog is tied because before I even knew who Naughty Dog was I loved the Jak games, than they follow up wth this gen with a masterpiece in the Uncharted series.

Blizzard, hands down.

Want the Key to Eternal Life?
read about it here:
http://www.cipherwire.net/eternal_life.html

Wii Friend Code: 7592-1692-7773-4859