By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Developer in the Industry

jhuff394 said:

naughty dog.... they are LITTERALLY the best programmers...and have the best knowledge about technical stuff.

The best animators too.

They made a software that mix animation when in the middle of it you press a button to perform another thing.

Uncharted doesn't have the best graphics in this world, but certainly have the best character animations and one of the most fluid gameplay.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Onibaka said:
jhuff394 said:

naughty dog.... they are LITTERALLY the best programmers...and have the best knowledge about technical stuff.

The best animators too.

They made a software that mix animation when in the middle of it you press a button to perform another thing.

Uncharted doesn't have the best graphics in this world, but certainly have the best character animations and one of the most fluid gameplay.

According to the masses, it's only one-uped by Crysis on PC.

You just need to have a great hardware to have great textures and effects...

But you need a great software and art direction to have a immersive game like Uncharted.

In this video you have a game with real life graphics...but with a little of immersion. Graphics are just a component of the immersion that a game can have

SpartenOmega117 said:

Who do you guys think is the best dev in the video game industry and why?

For me it came down to between blizzard and naughty dog. However I think Im gonna go with Blizzard. Blizzard is always consistent with their quality and usually all of their games can last you years and beyond. However i dont like how they are owned by activisioon. Thankfully in their games it doesnt say activision anywhere. (Not that I dont like activision. Okay nevermind I dont like activision.)

No one likes Activision. And yes, Blizzard is the best.

Bioware because every game they have made is pure gold.

Once upon a time, the wonderful devs at Sir Tech and Sierra easily owned this award.

Alas, we the consumers are terrible people and did not support these devs as we should have, leaving them to rot with the passing of time.  Activision actually killed Sierra (though to be fair they did not exist in anything but name at this point). 

Sierra much bigger Sister is the current development champion.  Blizzard, you have NEVER disappointed me and I do not see you starting anytime soon.  Now give me Diablo Mother Fucking 3!

Around the Network
Onibaka said:

Sorry for the screenshot. I just put what was in the google images without proper search.

But what I'm saying is that they make more money than Gran Turismo but aren't able to make proper animations, decent sounds and make the game feel more real.

In the 3DS they could at least make the game feel like N64 game.

I think that a powerfull hardware can also improve the game in some ways....It's not just about graphics...Mario Galaxy wouldn't be possible on SNES.

The same as Pokemon black and white wouldnt be possible on the Gameboy... whats your point. 

The same point as you are accepting for you are attacking another. The same standard applys. Gamefreak have improved their games you just don't accept it for whatever reason

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

@onibaka Damn Snipers -.-

AussieGecko said:
Onibaka said:

Sorry for the screenshot. I just put what was in the google images without proper search.

But what I'm saying is that they make more money than Gran Turismo but aren't able to make proper animations, decent sounds and make the game feel more real.

In the 3DS they could at least make the game feel like N64 game.

I think that a powerfull hardware can also improve the game in some ways....It's not just about graphics...Mario Galaxy wouldn't be possible on SNES.

The same as Pokemon black and white wouldnt be possible on the Gameboy... whats your point. 

The same point as you are accepting for you are attacking another. The same standard applys. Gamefreak have improved their games you just don't accept it for whatever reason

Maybe there is just nothing significant you can do with the game without changing what it is.  I mean, why tamper with a perfect formula. From a sales standpoint of course.  I would love to see big changes once in a while, Black might perhaps deliver.

NYANKS said:

Maybe there is just nothing significant you can do with the game without changing what it is.  I mean, why tamper with a perfect formula. From a sales standpoint of course.  I would love to see big changes once in a while, Black might perhaps deliver.

These days you have to. Yes I agree stay with your base etc etc but if we did there would be no smash bros no mario kart and no mario galaxy as mario would be stuck in his 2d side scrolling adventures.

You have to move with the times especially these days as more people are having shorter attention spans so a game that I used to play on Action 52 called Dino Tennis. Was fun once upon a time, people wouldnt these days.

Look at the reception of Sonic 4 ep1. People complained about it, though it is the closest to the Mega Drive days. Things have to change... and successfully. Sonic is a great 2D character which is why he hasn't exactly flourished in the new generations, and it is also why we havent seen a new alex the kid or wonder boy. They would look out of place. 

Another example Duke Nukem used to be a 2D scroller. That was a while ago, so was Metroid haha

Probably Nintendo.  Literally no one else has a comparable career in the industry in terms of influence or success.  And for such a long period too, think about how many other developers"made it big" 3 decades ago and where they are today.   I also can't imagine any other "games only" company putting out successful hardware in this day and age of giant multimedia conglomerates and all-in-one boxes/handsets.  Nintendo's story really does defy all odds.