By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a 3DS without the 3D screen?

Would you buy a 3DS without the 3D screen?

Yes! 3D is a major selling point! 47 50.54%

No! I don't like 3D! 14 15.05%

I don't want a 3DS at all 32 34.41%

Total:93

Now with the talk of the battery life hit you get from 3D and how long periods of use can cause eye strain and headaches in some people and the fact that you can turn it off at will. Would you buy a 3DS without the 3D screen for $199US?

Note: I seem to messed up the questions so the results will probably be screwed up as people don't read and some will lol...

so you might just wan't to post your thoughts rather than just voting

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Thread makes no sense, 3D can be toned off completely if you want. Besides, the device is pointless without it.

RolStoppable said:

You messed the poll up, the question and the answers don't match.

so I have lol I shouldn't make threads at 1 am lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

For $199? No.

A handheld console isn't worth that to me. Maybe if it had strong online gaming, which it won't.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Xen said:

Thread makes no sense, 3D can be toned off completely if you want. Besides, the device is pointless without it.

read the OP...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network
zarx said:
Xen said:

read the OP...

Missed that somehow, sorry.

Xen said:
zarx said:
Xen said:

read the OP...

Missed that somehow, sorry.

no problem it's late and I probably ain't the coherent anyway, as seen in my screwing up the question/answers, should have just left it as yes and no rather than adding the stupid comments comments at the last second lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I'd buy without for $250. Because it's $380 here.

I'd also accept N64-level graphics if it meant a return to DS game pricing. I just don't care for graphics if they make it cost like a console game.

Mr Puggsly said:

For $199? No.

A handheld console isn't worth that to me. Maybe if it had strong online gaming, which it won't.

Why it won't?

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Your poll is madness. And yes, if it came in a cheaper version I would buy it, I don't care for 3D that much.

Above: still the best game of the year.