By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a 3DS without the 3D screen?

Would you buy a 3DS without the 3D screen?

Yes! 3D is a major selling point! 47 50.54%

No! I don't like 3D! 14 15.05%

I don't want a 3DS at all 32 34.41%

Total:93

No, even if it turns out to be a gimmick ( the only case Nintendo would make a 3D-less version, something that I highly doubt), I would still want every option to be available on my handheld

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

lol I would buy the 3DS without 3D yes, there is no vote for that though :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Buzzi said:
Mr Puggsly said:

For $199? No.

A handheld console isn't worth that to me. Maybe if it had strong online gaming, which it won't.

Why it won't?

I don't think Nintendo is gonna even attempt to deliver an experience similar to Live or PSN.

Another problem, 3DS doesn't have dual joysticks. LAME!!!!!!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Buzzi said:
Mr Puggsly said:

For $199? No.

A handheld console isn't worth that to me. Maybe if it had strong online gaming, which it won't.

Why it won't?

I don't think Nintendo is gonna even attempt to deliver an experience similar to Live or PSN.

Another problem, 3DS doesn't have dual joysticks. LAME!!!!!!

It has demos, videos, single friend-code, friend list like PSN (you see wh's online) and an eShop more like Apple than the DSi Shop. Ther'll be also live chat for some games (Pokemon), what more could there be?

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Of course I wouldn't, it wouldn't be 3DS then it would be DS new.

Around the Network

People are acting a bit spoiled lately... Don't you remember how it used to be? A new console generation used to equal more computer power, nothing else (save for a few more buttons). NES->SNES->N64->GC, Master System->Mega Drive->Saturn->Dreamcast, PS1->PS2->PS3, GB->GBC->GBA. Nintendo started the trend of introducing game-changing features with the DS and the Wii, and suddenly everybody acts like it's always been the norm. When I have to read comments of the 3DS being a souped up DS... it's ridiculous. 

1. Even if it was: That's how it used to be! What's the difference between a PS1 and a PS2 then, huh? Soup!

2. The 3DS does introduce a major novel feature - what more do people expect? 

To answer your question: Either way, my major gripe is the 3DS' price. 250€ is not an appropriate price for a toy in my eyes, and then you still have to buy the games. Other than that, if it was cheaper: Why not? I'm buying Nintendo systems for their software, and I wouldn't even complain if they started making Gamecube games again. 

Hell no. I'm getting the 3DS for it's games and the Glass Free 3D effects. THere's no point for me to get a 3DS without 3D, defeats the whole purpose for my purchase of it.

Not for $249. Id want it closer to the $149 range. only reason I am paying $249 is I feel the DS is the best system of this gen.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Looking at many people saying the price is too high, I guess much more people will refuse to buy an NGP, which for sure won't cost less than 300$?

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

it's like asking if you would buy a Wii without the motion controls or Ds without the touch screen

but who knows, even without the 3D screen i would probably still buy it at some point, mainly for Nintendo games

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^