By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I count this as a draw for ps360 again! :P

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network
jugon21 said:

Japan Hardware sales 16th Jan 2011

System
Sales MC
Sales VGC
Difference
PS3 33,190 31,094 -2,096
Wii 21,291 22,190 899
X360 2,636 2,913 277

Japan Hardware sales 23rd Jan 2011

System Sales MC Sales VGC Difference
PS3 23,792 22,115 -1677
Wii 14,547 15,470 923
X360 2,338 2,544 206

Zomg Wii bias!

Above: still the best game of the year.

jneul said:
AussieGecko said:
jneul said:

so bs sales figures for the 360 in the america saved it, does not vgc ever learn it was way overtracked after we got shipment figures, vgc you need to get your act together

so how do you know sales in us much much more than vgc... just wondering?

lol common sense my friend, there are shortages so no way in hell do i accest the us sales figure, you lot still taking this site seriously after x360 was a whopping 1m overtracked seriously??

You always complain and nag so from now on I will call you Nagi lol that reminds me of navi :P

OT: I thought the Wii would be in second place tis week. Well the numbers are boring at this time of year

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Carl2291 said:
Reasonable said:

Why though?  It's LBP with knobs on - and LBP is my favourite game this gen - but why would that make it sell so much more than LBP?  I was expecting approx 500K launch and that's close enough.  LBP is still there and so are it's 3 million plus levels - people were never going to en masse shift from the LBP community to LBP2, it'll happen steadily over time, which should give LBP2 good legs.

I expected a Uncharted to Uncharted 2 like boost. Maybe I was silly thinking that but... Meh.

It's been advertised a LOT. It's the sequel to a game that sold over 4 Million units. I just expected more for the launch. It will probably have long legs though, no doubt there.

LBP2 will do well, but no I don't think your expectations were wrong, LBP has sold over 4 mill copies now, you'd think that would spur on some dedicate fans that would pick it up first week.

cmeese47 said:
ethomaz said:

It's kind of a funny...

- 360 had no release and just down 3% week on week.

- PS3 had LBP2 and Mass Effect 2 (ok... that's a late port) and down 5%.

That's the motive for I use the words "overtracked" and "undertracked" everytime.

This makes more sense considering there is supposed to be some epic 360 shortage. I don't care if the system is over tracked but I hope the PS3 is undertracked again.

Yeah... makes sense if these sortages are confirmed... but who knows?

Around the Network

LBP sells 3.5M, not more than 4M. Confirmed in a LBP2's conference in Spain the last week. 2M in 4 months.

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/foros/viewtopic.php?p=27966792#27966792

http://www.eurogamer.es/articles/2011-01-21-littlebigplanet-2-supera-records-de-lbp

ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

It's kind of a funny...

- 360 had no release and just down 3% week on week.

- PS3 had LBP2 and Mass Effect 2 (ok... that's a late port) and down 5%.

That's the motive for I use the words "overtracked" and "undertracked" everytime.

And why in the name of all things sensible would ME2 (sold like crap) and LBP2 (a sequel to a succesful but not mega succesful title) move hardware?

360 and Kinect are still hot items... live with it or just leave the site for good if you have no respect for it.

This shit is getting really really fucking boring now.

Ok. So explain to me how in middle of January the 360 up 5% in America with no release???

Kinect would be my guess. People using gift cards that have been snowed in in the northeast since christmas ? =D

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

RolStoppable said:

Uncharted is a manly game, LBP is not. The former has a much higher probability to gain traction in gamer circles which results in higher launch sales for a sequel. Or to put it in mathematical equations:

Kill bad guys, look at hot chicks = Awesome, day one for me!

Cuddle Sackboy = I ain't no baby, yo!

But LBP2 has FPS and racing and even has guns and stuff.

Now that's manly.

Conspiracy theories abound 

tin foil hat sales sky rocket  

RolStoppable said:

Oh well, if that helps you sleep at night.

I was up all last night having nightmares because of how low it was.

I fear for Sony.