By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Much Would You Pay for NGP?

How Much Would You Pay for NGP?

Less than $250 81 20.20%

$250 63 15.71%

$300 137 34.16%

$350 81 20.20%

$400 18 4.49%

More than $400 21 5.24%

Total:401
naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
Icyedge said:

If they do what I think they will do with it, I would be willing to pay 399$ for the 3G version blindfolded. More than that will depends on the line-up, I might wait. Im still grabbing a 3DS on release day anyway. Might resell it later on depending on the NGP and 3DS line up.

I have no intention of paying extra for the 3G version, unless that one also has larger onboard memory. 3G is useless to me. It's just used for the web-browsing and such, and I can do that much easier and more portably on my Android. 

Well 3G would be good for online games on the go.

I don't know why they didn't just go and put 4G in it though.

No it's not acceptable for online gaming and that's why Sony isn't using it for online gaming. Your ping would be 300-400ms. That's a very noticeable lag. It would also use way more data than the 3G networks are used to handling.

To clarify: A lot of people seem to believe the 3G will be used for online multiplayer. All signs say this is not the case, or Sony would have advertised it as the case. It appears the 3G is just for social networking and internet services. And Sony is right to do this. Trust me, you don't want to play online over 3G. It will not go well. 

Oh well in that case 3G is a rather worthless feature...especially if you already have a smart phone.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Nothing, for reasons obvious to anyone.

How sweet, you know sony is gonna sell it for a loss and don't want them to lose money. You're such a great sony fan!

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

ChristianTheAtheist said:
Wagram said:

250 is the price I would pay if the line-up was AMAZING. Otherwise 200 or less.

You'll just have to wait until 2013. Maybe I'll do the same.

'm cool with that. When I buy it then so many games will be cheap!

$300.

I know it will be much higher than that at launch - I'm guessing $400-450. But a handheld, even a fantastic handheld like the NGP, is only worth so much for me.

Do note that I'd like a proper exchange rate this time, which is probably too much to ask. It's actually £190, but I'd be happy with £200 or even £210 because of taxes and such.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Conegamer said:
iLLmaticV3 said:

$400 max. That's the most I've ever paid for a mobile device, I don't expect to spend more than that on one anytime soon.

...really? What device was $400 then? Just out of curiosity...

I'm pretty sure my HTC EVO was $400, I did get $100 rebate back though...I no longer have that phone, though. :P

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network
iLLmaticV3 said:
Conegamer said:
iLLmaticV3 said:

$400 max. That's the most I've ever paid for a mobile device, I don't expect to spend more than that on one anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure my HTC EVO was $400, I did get $100 rebate back though...I no longer have that phone, though. :P

Is that really a console though? Because I thought that's what you meant

Otherwise my phone would be in that region as well

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

If it lives up to all of my expectations, I would be willing to pay $499.99 tax.

Assuming it won't live up to my expectations...$399.99 tax.

So yea, I am getting this day one.

Conegamer said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
Conegamer said:
iLLmaticV3 said:

Is that really a console though? Because I thought that's what you meant

Otherwise my phone would be in that region as well

Haha, its not a console. I was just saying that I wouldn't pay over $400 for a mobile/portable device. When the price gets over that, I feel like...I might as well buy a laptop or something, lol.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
Icyedge said:

If they do what I think they will do with it, I would be willing to pay 399$ for the 3G version blindfolded. More than that will depends on the line-up, I might wait. Im still grabbing a 3DS on release day anyway. Might resell it later on depending on the NGP and 3DS line up.

I have no intention of paying extra for the 3G version, unless that one also has larger onboard memory. 3G is useless to me. It's just used for the web-browsing and such, and I can do that much easier and more portably on my Android.

No it's not acceptable for online gaming and that's why Sony isn't using it for online gaming. Your ping would be 300-400ms. That's a very noticeable lag. It would also use way more data than the 3G networks are used to handling.

To clarify: A lot of people seem to believe the 3G will be used for online multiplayer. All signs say this is not the case, or Sony would have advertised it as the case. It appears the 3G is just for social networking and internet services. And Sony is right to do this. Trust me, you don't want to play online over 3G. It will not go well.

Oh well in that case 3G is a rather worthless feature...especially if you already have a smart phone.

not really you could download on the go

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
Icyedge said:

not really you could download on the go

Are you willing to pay an extra $50-$100 for your device plus potentially another $10 a month 3G service fee to download games on the go? Personally I'd rather just wait till I get home... or pull into a Starbucks or McDonalds for 10 minutes. For that matter download these undoubtedly massive high resolution games would take 24 hours over 3G anyway.