By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Much Would You Pay for NGP?

How Much Would You Pay for NGP?

Less than $250 81 20.20%

$250 63 15.71%

$300 137 34.16%

$350 81 20.20%

$400 18 4.49%

More than $400 21 5.24%

Total:401
Serious_frusting said:

OMG americans are so cheap, this is not ment as a diss but it just opens my eyes how cheap your cost of living must be. For example

USA PS3 = 299 USD

UK PS3 = 397.277 USD which is 250 pounds

People who are saying they will only get it at 200 USD  just shock me.

200 USD = 125.00 GBP

The current DS and PSP models are not even that cheap. The only gaming device selling for less than that here in the UK  is the PS2

agreed for the most part! but in US the tax is not shown in the price as it is in UK?

I said $350 max, but by the time all the exchange rates and local ripping off markups have been applied it will probably end up being in the $400-$450 range at least at launch.

I won't pay that much.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

$350 but I have to consider taxes in my country so It probably go atleast $375-$400. That's the most I could afford for now. Unless someone gifts it to me...LOL

Boutros said:

99$

Silly Boutros you meant $0.99 not $99 xD 

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

But no in all honestly considering the power of this thing i would have no problem spending $400. but i dont think i would want to go any higher than that.

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

$350 at launch with Good games

$250 at launch with ok games

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

350 probably would be 400 in my country. but id still buy it. il buy it at 500 if it has a downloadble version of mhp 3rd in english

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

350 euro would be acceptable if by that time Valkyria Chronicles 4 is annouced for it ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I just want to point out that I voted (less than $250) in order to see the vote tally, but I have no intention of ever buying a PSP2/NGP. I don't think I'd even take up an offer of $50(NZD).

Interesting to see that more than 50% of people are prepared to pay $300 or more. If Sony can bring it to market at $300 or less then it should sell pretty well.

But I don't think it will take off in the Americas. I think brand Playstation (and NGP must surely be a placeholder for a Playstation branded product) has been all but destroyed in America. There's a reasonably sized loyal fanbase for the PS brand, but I don't see it ever gaining mass popularity again there. Brand Xbox and Nintendo have America in their grasp now and they will share the spoils for some years to come, with Playstation grabbing the crumbs.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Well seeing that Europeans will only get a 3G version, I would say 400 Euros is not out of the question But the technology inside is worth it

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I think $299 would be an acceptable price to charge at launch, as long as they decide to package the handheld with a game as well (or even some downloads from the store.) I can't see myself getting this right away though as 2011 has already taken a heavy toll on my wallet, and we're only in january.

Proud owner of the PSone original, PSone slim, PS2 slim, PS3 slim, PSP-3000.

37 PS3 games and counting.