By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Much Would You Pay for NGP?

How Much Would You Pay for NGP?

Less than $250 81 20.20%

$250 63 15.71%

$300 137 34.16%

$350 81 20.20%

$400 18 4.49%

More than $400 21 5.24%

Total:401

The most I'd ay for any console, thus also applying to this, is 25000 Yen = 300$.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
Wagram said:

250 is the price I would pay if the line-up was AMAZING. Otherwise 200 or less.

Same for me.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

I'd be only willing to shell 250-300 bucks for it. But seeing those specs feels like it'll be more than that.

Handheld gaming to me is a quick diversion that I almost never have time for.  On flights when traveling is the only time I broke out my psp.

Becuase of that, no amount of technical prowess would entice me beyond 200.  Honestly, I probably wouldn't spend that either, if I found the games were priced at >$35 or so.

Serious_frusting said:

OMG americans are so cheap, this is not ment as a diss but it just opens my eyes how cheap your cost of living must be. For example

USA PS3 = 299 USD

UK PS3 = 397.277 USD which is 250 pounds

People who are saying they will only get it at 200 USD  just shock me.

200 USD = 125.00 GBP

The current DS and PSP models are not even that cheap. The only gaming device selling for less than that here in the UK  is the PS2

I know Americans are often accused of being close-minded (America = the world!), but did it cross YOUR mind, that maybe people in this thread just don't place the same value on  handheld  gaming that you do?

Anyway, just a thought.

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:
Serious_frusting said:

OMG americans are so cheap, this is not ment as a diss but it just opens my eyes how cheap your cost of living must be. For example

USA PS3 = 299 USD

200 USD = 125.00 GBP

The current DS and PSP models are not even that cheap. The only gaming device selling for less than that here in the UK  is the PS2

I know Americans are often accused of being close-minded (America = the world!), but did it cross YOUR mind, that maybe people in this thread just don't place the same value on  handheld  gaming that you do?

Anyway, just a thought.

He probably places high value on portable gaming. There are quite a few on VGC alone who seem to prefer it to console gaming.

That being said, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept of paying more than $30 for a portable game considering that only once in a blue moon do I actually buy one that I play for more than 30 minutes a stretch, typically with long periods of inactivity in-between.

On the other hand, if you have a portable game system that plugs into a full sized HDTV (and doesn't look like a complete blurry mess or isn't cropped into a tiny portion of the screen), I have no problem paying full price for portable games that are more or less the equivalent of their console counterparts.

$299 would be very reasonable.

$349 with 3G access would also be very reasonable although I could see such a model priced at $399.

$300 at most.

Wagram said:

250 is the price I would pay if the line-up was AMAZING. Otherwise 200 or less.

You'll just have to wait until 2013. Maybe I'll do the same.

Serious_frusting said:

USA PS3 = 299 USD

200 USD = 125.00 GBP

Here in Australia $USD1 = $AUD1 yet new games cost on average $100

A DSi XL costs around $299 here. That's $299 American too. People would spend less on a NGP than what a DSi XL sells for here. People posting on a video games forum would spend less on a NGP than a DSi XL. 

Here's the difference, If you earn under $50,000 a year in Australia, you're classed as a low income earner. I'm guessing the average wage here is higher than in the US and you have to take this in to consideration.

$200. I know that'll be at least a good year or two after launch before it's that price.

I really don't want to pay any more than that for a handheld, and that price is dependent on what games are available too.

I'm not gonna pay $300 for it, that's what I payed for my PS3 slim and my 360 slim for shit sakes! I'm not gonna pay a full home console price for a handheld. $200 tops for me.