By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Much Would You Pay for NGP?

How Much Would You Pay for NGP?

Less than $250 81 20.20%

$250 63 15.71%

$300 137 34.16%

$350 81 20.20%

$400 18 4.49%

More than $400 21 5.24%

Total:401

99€ This is the max price I'd pay for any portable, I'm not very much into them. Anyway I found later PSP models not ideal for me but at least usable, while when I tried the first (was it the 1000?) I totally hated it, it gave me hand cramps after a few minutes.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

$150.  PSP is currently my favorite sysetm but I'm not spending more then that for a handheld... or likely any system now that i'm paying my own bills and i've got Steam.

NGP is for the 3DS what the PSP is for the DS.

That being said, it is not a must buy but sure it will get a handfull of good new IP's that will make it worth buying.

I wouldn't give more than 100~150€. But it will be a long run till I can buy one for that price.

Hrm... I'm in the lower end of things- $200 if there are some games that interest me, $250 if there are a lot of games that interest me. The most expensive portable I've bought to date was $170 (both my PSP and DSi), so I'm reluctant to even go over that. Note that I'm applying the same standard to the 3DS- I do not have a preorder in on it myself, nor will I.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

It really depends on the games.  I'd probably pay $300 if it had a solid lineup.  I'd just be worried due to the lack of developer support on the PSP.  Yes, it had some really great games, but the support for the system is nowhere near the level of support of the DS.  It really depends on how successful the 3DS releases at $249 I think.

The device is awesome, but Sony can't repeat past mistakes and release a system at a ridiculous price point.  I'm a pretty big Sony fan too, but I'm wary.  I really want one though.

Around the Network

Three hundred is the max I would spend for the new NGP.  So I am speculating that I am going to have to wait for a few price cuts before I can even consider buying one.

If it's any indicator, GameStop is now taking pre-orders for $299 with a $50 deposit.

No guarantee, but more solid than the $999.99 listing GS uses by default for products with no MSRP.

http://www.ripten.com/2011/01/28/gamestop-now-taking-sony-ngp-pre-orders-for-299-with-50-deposit/

10 cents

well i had my fun trolling abit, but really i say $450AUD, that would be about $300USD 

Well, I'm not playing handhelds much at the moment but I am definitely getting a 3DS, so I don't personally plan on getting the NGP... yet.

However if I was wanting one for sure, I'd pay up to $299.  But my guess is that it will launch at no less than $349.