By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Much Would You Pay for NGP?

How Much Would You Pay for NGP?

Less than $250 81 20.20%

$250 63 15.71%

$300 137 34.16%

$350 81 20.20%

$400 18 4.49%

More than $400 21 5.24%

Total:401
naznatips said:
zgamer5 said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
Icyedge said:

If they do what I think they will do with it, I would be willing to pay 399$ for the 3G version blindfolded. More than that will depends on the line-up, I might wait. Im still grabbing a 3DS on release day anyway. Might resell it later on depending on the NGP and 3DS line up.

I have no intention of paying extra for the 3G version, unless that one also has larger onboard memory. 3G is useless to me. It's just used for the web-browsing and such, and I can do that much easier and more portably on my Android.

Well 3G would be good for online games on the go.

I don't know why they didn't just go and put 4G in it though.

No it's not acceptable for online gaming and that's why Sony isn't using it for online gaming. Your ping would be 300-400ms. That's a very noticeable lag. It would also use way more data than the 3G networks are used to handling.

To clarify: A lot of people seem to believe the 3G will be used for online multiplayer. All signs say this is not the case, or Sony would have advertised it as the case. It appears the 3G is just for social networking and internet services. And Sony is right to do this. Trust me, you don't want to play online over 3G. It will not go well.

Oh well in that case 3G is a rather worthless feature...especially if you already have a smart phone.

not really you could download on the go

Are you willing to pay an extra $50-$100 for your device plus potentially another $10 a month 3G service fee to download games on the go? Personally I'd rather just wait till I get home... or pull into a Starbucks or McDonalds for 10 minutes. For that matter download these undoubtedly massive high resolution games would take 24 hours over 3G anyway.

if theirs no 3g fee then maybe. that is if i could download and play at the same time.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
naznatips said:
zgamer5 said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
Icyedge said:

No it's not acceptable for online gaming and that's why Sony isn't using it for online gaming. Your ping would be 300-400ms. That's a very noticeable lag. It would also use way more data than the 3G networks are used to handling.

To clarify: A lot of people seem to believe the 3G will be used for online multiplayer. All signs say this is not the case, or Sony would have advertised it as the case. It appears the 3G is just for social networking and internet services. And Sony is right to do this. Trust me, you don't want to play online over 3G. It will not go well.

Oh well in that case 3G is a rather worthless feature...especially if you already have a smart phone.

Are you willing to pay an extra $50-$100 for your device plus potentially another $10 a month 3G service fee to download games on the go? Personally I'd rather just wait till I get home... or pull into a Starbucks or McDonalds for 10 minutes. For that matter download these undoubtedly massive high resolution games would take 24 hours over 3G anyway.

if theirs no 3g fee then maybe. that is if i could download and play at the same time.

I don't believe there is such a thing as free 3G, and i'm fairly certain the only way to get a 3G plan is through a cell phone company. And they cost $10 for the cheap plan (200 megs or less usually is the download limit) and $30 for unlimited.

yo_john117 said:
zgamer5 said:
naznatips said:
zgamer5 said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
Icyedge said:

I don't believe there is such a thing as free 3G, and i'm fairly certain the only way to get a 3G plan is through a cell phone company. And they cost $10 for the cheap plan (200 megs or less usually is the download limit) and $30 for unlimited.

if then why is 3g in the psp2. unless they switch to 4g then its useless. probably got it a service deal to go with the psp phone.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

The most I would pay is $300 for it, though I'm beginning to think it will cost about $500 at launch.

Currently I have no interest in it and probably never will. I'm not an intense gamer and mostly game on my PC. I use my handheld (DS atm) on trips or when I get a really cool game but not too much otherwise. As such I only need one portable and the 3DS has my attention currently.

The demo lineup on the NGP doesn't really interest me - it's not what I look for in a portable apart from LBP. Uncharted, Resistance and Killzone are all games I would rather play on a home console or a PC.

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
yo_john117 said:
zgamer5 said:
naznatips said:
zgamer5 said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
yo_john117 said:
naznatips said:
Icyedge said:

if then why is 3g in the psp2. unless they switch to 4g then its useless. probably got it a service deal to go with the psp phone.

Yeah I don't understand why they don't have 4G in the thing.

$400

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

$150 and less, i wouldn't care if it had 20 core processors with dual nvida 580 gtx installed. 

At $299, it would enter into competition with the 3DS for my dollar.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I am not in need of getting a handheld, but I may be tempted in a few years when it's below 250 and has a lot of good games.