By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Give your deepest and utmost condolescences to this brave fallen dude.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

I know this will sound stupid, but I just found out what UMD is

morenoingrato said:

win

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:

Does this mean I have to buy a new psp just to play my unopened copy of VC2...?

Or you can get the downloaded version since B/C is confirmed. Pretty sure that's what was meant when they were referring to B/C

I really like the UMD.

Granted I like cartridges better, but UMDs and their idiot proof protective covering is great.  I could lend my PSP games out without worry of damaging them.

If I knew anyone else with a PSP....

well anyone else who didn't buy it to convert it into a portable SNES emulator.

Around the Network

Honestly I'm on the fence whether I'll miss UMD or not.

I don't like the fact that the new NGP is not backwards compatable so if I trade in my PSP I can't play all the games I bought on it.

At the same time UMD wasn't the greatest media format. Sony should have gone with this new memory format back then rather then wasting time with UMD. I like the idea of the new format and as such I won't miss UMD to much.

Also the new format shouldn't be any more fragile then the UMD was. Its alot like a DS game I think it has great things in its future.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

It was nice but to be honest Flash memory really came back with a bang and is the best and most reliable way to go.

morenoingrato said:

You're right, it does sound stupid :P

OT: *salute*

I foresee that we'll see your descendant someday ^^

Unavoidable Media Death. RIP little fella.

IMU1808 said:
Ajescent said:

Does this mean I have to buy a new psp just to play my unopened copy of VC2...?

Or you can get the downloaded version since B/C is confirmed. Pretty sure that's what was meant when they were referring to B/C

I paid £15 for the game, pre-ordered it and everything :(

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?