By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony granted temporary restraining order and impoundment against GeoHotz

Rath said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:

That's not how copyright works...

we are going to start repeating our selves Rath, and while we were heading in an upward debate its now going in circles.

great debate but it ends here.

It wasn't a great debate. It wasn't even a debate. You were claiming it was illegal under copyright with no understanding of how copyright works or why it wasn't illegal under copyright laws.

really! thats how you want to end this?

you have no class at all

if not a debate then we had nothing to talk about in the first place, and wht you said means notthing and furthermore why did you quote me. you should've left me alone and quoted someone else to talk about nothing with.

i got into the conversation to learn something (been stuck in finance to long), but you sir have tought me nothing, and don't bother

I wasn't talking about nothing. I was pointing out that at no point was what he did breaking copyright. You kept avoiding this simple point.

ok , but he did break his user agreement.

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:

we are going to start repeating our selves Rath, and while we were heading in an upward debate its now going in circles.

It wasn't a great debate. It wasn't even a debate. You were claiming it was illegal under copyright with no understanding of how copyright works or why it wasn't illegal under copyright laws.

you have no class at all

if not a debate then we had nothing to talk about in the first place, and wht you said means notthing and furthermore why did you quote me. you should've left me alone and quoted someone else to talk about nothing with.

i got into the conversation to learn something (been stuck in finance to long), but you sir have tought me nothing, and don't bother

I wasn't talking about nothing. I was pointing out that at no point was what he did breaking copyright. You kept avoiding this simple point.

Which is perfectly legal. T.o.S and E.U.L.A are only as good as they are written, and you can not contract yourself out of your rights.

thranx said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:

you have no class at all

Which is perfectly legal. T.o.S and E.U.L.A are only as good as they are written, and you can not contract yourself out of your rights.

i'm going to post like hell so i don't have to see this thread anymore.

the whole debate, conversation, or wht ever rath or you want to call it was just plain stupid anyway. if you support it fine, but i don't and won't.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
thranx said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:

you have no class at all

the whole debate, conversation, or wht ever rath or you want to call it was just plain stupid anyway. if you support it fine, but i don't and won't.

Don't want you thinking I support pirates, I most certainly do not. I would never endorse stealing. I also agree that if you want to hack your console you should be banned from PSN. What I do not agree with is any company trying to retain ownership of equiptment you purchase, which is what this is about. Its about hacking your own hardware so you can do as you please with it. The moment you try to run hacked code on the PSN or play pirated software is the moment you start breaking the law. It does suck that these hacks are used for piracy but that does not mean that legal users should be punished. Sorry not trying to beat a dead horse, but too many people think that a EULA or ToS is legal and binding when many are not.

thranx said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
thranx said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rath said:

you have no class at all

Don't want you thinking I support pirates, I most certainly do not. I would never endorse stealing. I also agree that if you want to hack your console you should be banned from PSN. What I do not agree with is any company trying to retain ownership of equiptment you purchase, which is what this is about. Its about hacking your own hardware so you can do as you please with it. The moment you try to run hacked code on the PSN or play pirated software is the moment you start breaking the law. It does suck that these hacks are used for piracy but that does not mean that legal users should be punished. Sorry not trying to beat a dead horse, but too many people think that a EULA or ToS is legal and binding when many are not.

now this i can agree with, don't worry i didn't think you supported piracy cause that would be me making an ass out of my self or assuming.

jailbreak being sold could open the doors for this to happen, nad thats the only point i was making to Rath. when you sell something for the purpose of hacking without pirating thats one thing but when the ability is in the product thats something else which was also my point.

also releasing something that can be hacked but the pub that makes the product doesn't want it to be is another topic altogether. i mean should they release the product and say we don't want you to hack so plz don't!

PS3 was open as i'm sure you know but when the first incident happend it was closed. i agree all shouldn't be punished but for Sony's own safety it has to be this way. well i think so anyway.